Calling the header/footer in the help.html files

Started by jasidog, June 29, 2005, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasidog

Hello, hoping someone can help me out here.

By default in beta 3, not sure about in the stable version, when you click on help it calls a popup HTML file.

Now to stop it being a pop up is easy enough and I'm hoping what I want to do is also.

How can I call the boards header and footer to wrap the help file contents?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Burpee

Hi Jasidog, nice to see you here :D

Well, unfortunatly your question is not going to be as simple. Currently, the help files are being created from xml files and then converted into html. As you know, you can't use an server-side scripting in html files, so you can't include the header and footer even if you wanted to.
The only good solution to this, would be to dynamically create the help files, using the forum's templates. This would however take a lot of time to create, and that time is probably spent better elsewhere.

So, at the moment the only possibility is to code the design into the .html files, avoiding all things dynamic.

Hopefully somewhere in the future the help-files will be generated dynamically, as it would make them look a lot better and more comprehensible for users.

jasidog

Hi Burpee! :)

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I had thought that perhaps there would be some way round it by renaming altering the html file to php file and making a few edits here and there.

It's no big deal I'll just hard code it. Thanks for info! :)

Advertisement: