Where do i administer the 'News' section show in the header ?

Started by mclarenf1, October 07, 2010, 06:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclarenf1

I want to hide/administer the section 'News' that appears in the header (on a new install it says 'SMF - Just Installed!') - in the manual is says should be under 'Administration Center' but there is nothing there related to News.

Thanks in advance.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

This is how to administer or manage your news. Just go to the Administration Center > Main > News & Newsletters. There three options in there so choose any of them to manager your news and newsletters.

You can remove the news to make it empty too. If you need more advanced feature, do search our mod site with "news" as keywords.

mclarenf1

Quote from: ahrasis on October 07, 2010, 07:17:07 AM
This is how to administer or manage your news. Just go to the Administration Center > Main > News & Newsletters. There three options in there so choose any of them to manager your news and newsletters.

You can remove the news to make it empty too. If you need more advanced feature, do search our mod site with "news" as keywords.

Can't see the News & Newsletters option page. Here is screenshot of my Admin Main page :

You must be new then. The first menu on the left i.e. "Main". Click on it and there will be a drop down menu. In there you can find News & Newsletters. Stay on it or click it to go to News & Newsletters admin settings.

All menu is drop down until you click the double arrow on the menu farthest right that look like this "<<". If you click that there, the drop down menu will be change to vertical menu on your left.

mclarenf1

Yes i'm very new, thanks I found it and made the changes I need.

Gazak allaho khayran brother Abu Fahim.

Advertisement: