Disappearing Pictures

Started by kenso, October 08, 2010, 04:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenso

Hi Guys, hmmm hope someone can help with this one, as I am getting some lite, soon to be heavy abuse I suspect! Posters are uploading photos and they are there for a few days then disappear! I have checked permissions and settings and all seems ok maybe I have missed something? has anyone had this? need help!! Pleaseeeeeeeee thanks guys!

PS: RC3 sunshine theme www.ozfarmer.com   :'( :'(
The Farmers and self-sufficiency forum
http://www.ozfarmer.com.au

xenovanis

Are you the only admin? Are the files still in the attchments folder?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Paul_Pauline

A lot of images on your site appear to be links to photobucket, etc.

I imagine the problem would go away if you uploaded them as attachments.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Is this still an ongoing issue?  In case of photobucket, imageshack etc. there may be many reasons for the images disappearing. The users might delete them theirselves, the service they use may delete them or render them inactive etc.

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: