RC3 and Blank Page Issue

Started by c a g a t a y, October 08, 2010, 08:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c a g a t a y

I have newly installed RC3

There is no problem with admin pages
But in frontpage(s) especially when you logged in/logged out and also send message you always encounter BLANK PAGE
Where is the problem?
Server?
SMF RC3?
.htaccess file?

Any idea?

Regards

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Since this is a new install, why don't you try to reinstall fresh again. Make sure all the installation files are uploaded and intact before installing.

c a g a t a y

This is my second install
First installed RC3 --> saw blank page
Second installed 1.1.x --> Not applied
Third installed RC3 --> againd Blank Page

xenovanis

Could be a lot of things.

Anything in the server's errorlog on this?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Kindred

also...   do you have mods installed? If so, which ones?   Are you using a custom .htaccess?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

c a g a t a y

I couldn't find any error in server side ?

I have only 2 mod

Member Color Link      3.0.8
Full Top 10 Stats

1. BlankPage problem were still there before these mods.
2. There is no BlankPage problem in admin pages
3. If you press F5 again and again, again, again, again...It displays suddenly?

Here is my site URL: www.dedeler.com

Regards

Try to rename your cookie with a new name. Then clear your caches. See how it goes.

c a g a t a y

I cleared cache folder (except .htaccess and index.php)

Logged-out and again BlankPage :(

Dont understand "rename your cookie with a new name" ????

xenovanis

Admin -> Configuration Settings -> Server Settings -> Cookies and Sessions

You can rename the cookie there.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

c a g a t a y

Renamed Cookies
Cleared Cache folder

tried log-out and login again

Still BLANKPAGE :(

But after hitting F5 it displays ???

my URL is; www.dedeler.com

xenovanis

c a g a t a y

Dear xenovanis
I know what is phpinfo but I don't know where can I find it?  :-\

Kindred

you would have to build a simple php file calling phpinfo(), upload it to your site and run it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IceXaos

Is your session save path set in your PHP config?

Also, you can try renaming your .htaccess files to htaccess.txt and clearing site/browser cache.

Quote from: c a g a t a y on October 08, 2010, 11:11:51 AM
Dear xenovanis
I know what is phpinfo but I don't know where can I find it?  :-\
Here, try this one. Upload it on your forum root and open it in your browser.

c a g a t a y

Quote from: IceXaos on October 08, 2010, 11:13:28 AM
Is your session save path set in your PHP config?

What does it mean?

Quote from: IceXaos on October 08, 2010, 11:13:28 AM
Also, you can try renaming your .htaccess files to htaccess.txt and clearing site/browser cache.

Cant find any .htacces files in site root?

c a g a t a y

xenovanis

http://www.dedeler.com/phpinfo.php
That's better ;)

I noticed the session is set and your site is accessible when leaving out the www before the url (http://dedeler.com).

In Admin -> Configuration Settings -> Server Settings -> Cookies and Sessions, could you try disabling local cookies and enable subdomain indepent cookies?

c a g a t a y

xenovanis I did what you said
nothing changed  :-\

interzis

try to set DISPLAY_ERRORS=ON in php.ini then restart apache
you should have some errors displayed on the blank page

xenovanis

I wish there were any errors :( There aren't any in your forum's errorlog as well?

What's the value for database driven sessions? Could you try changing that?

c a g a t a y

Quote from: xenovanis on October 08, 2010, 12:06:16 PM
What's the value for database driven sessions? Could you try changing that?

What do you mean? Please explain in detail?

xenovanis

Admin -> Configuration -> Server Settings -> Cookies and Sessions -> Use database driven sessions

is that checked or not? Try changing the value, so if it's checked, uncheck it or vice versa.

Meanwhile, I suggest opening a ticket with your host as well, as obviously something is wrong yet no errors are logged.
Quote from: interzis on October 08, 2010, 12:05:44 PM

c a g a t a y

Use database driven sessions --> it was checked --> unchecked now

still blakpage in login/logout

I found an error_log file in site-root in server side as attached

Regards

ajrl

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=371871.0

This fixed the same bug for me this morning.  It is an issue with the RC3 version.  Should be fixed when the real version comes out.

xenovanis

c a g a t a y, those errors make no sense regarding this issue. I'm sorry this is such a pain :(

Can you please contact your host about this? He might be able to make some sense in all of this.

Quote from: ajrl on October 08, 2010, 04:04:37 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=371871.0

This fixed the same bug for me this morning.  It is an issue with the RC3 version.  Should be fixed when the real version comes out.

Thanks for the input, unfortunately this issue is a little more complicated than that.

c a g a t a y

Did you see my problem in my site ??? (realtime)

Does it make the any sense Admin -> Error Log ???

I wrote to my host and they said "There is no problem in our side...It is a problem of your tool (they mean SMF)

Alex' Manson

actually, i think it's host sided, when i was at zymic.com my search was giving me a blank page, when i changed it now works with same files + database, so yes it MAY be actually a host problem, try getting ur files + databse to another host. and test there, if problem didnt go, then sorry i have no much more to tell.

xenovanis

Well, if this was a script thing we would be flooded with complaints. But we're not. It has to be something with the way the server is configured. Can't find anything in the phpinfo file though.

Who's your host?

Alex' Manson

Quote from: xenovanis on October 08, 2010, 04:36:41 PM
Well, if this was a script thing we would be flooded with complaints. But we're not. It has to be something with the way the server is configured. Can't find anything in the phpinfo file though.

Who's your host?
exactly what i meant, so i use SMF and its fine but it depends on servers (hosts)

interzis

is it possible to have some (hidden) limitations like the number of simultaneous connections to the site?
I'm using Plesk as hosting manager and I have the option to limit the use of bandwidth and the number of simultaneous connections for each domain.

I don't use it until now and I don't know if these limitation could have these symptoms but I'll give them a try and report back.

Regards

LATER EDIT:

I activate these options but no blank page, even with 25KB/Sec and 1 simultaneous connection.
The problem was different and the browser display an error:

---------------------------
Not Extended

A mandatory extension policy in the request is not accepted by the server for this resource.
---------------------------

:(

Alex' Manson

actually, sorry can't help. :-\ i didn't figure out your problem and i am now also stuck at a blank page when posting :(
so i will reinstall my forums, and i think theres a little problem with smf at this pages you know.. maybe there must be a list of server requirements so we know wish host we use..

Kindred

there are no hidden connection limits in SMF...   if you have any, they would be at the host level. However, I do not see this being caused by that...
Слaва
Украинi

Quote from: skander1345 on October 09, 2010, 05:07:20 AM
maybe there must be a list of server requirements so we know wish host we use..
The server requirements are defined in this page: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=2.0;sort=subject
You may consult your host whether they fulfill all the requirements. Please do note that sometimes mods may need extra requirements to be fulfilled.

interzis

yes Kindred, I'm talking about the host level, not SMF.
I this was the reason for testing my SMF installation with these limits enabled. 
It seems to be another problem.

_pi

good tip. that helped me to find the reason for blank pages in admin (double entry from aeva).
thanks!

interzis

Quote from: _pi on October 20, 2010, 01:06:38 PM

you welcome!

and yes indeed, most errors are shown in this way.
also, if you don't have access to php.ini you can use .htaccess to enable this option locally
so, put a .htaccess in the root of your site and inside it put the following line:

php_flag display_errors on

regards
good tip. that helped me to find the reason for blank pages in admin (double entry from aeva).
thanks!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi c a g a t a y, have you been able to sort this out? Do you still need assistance with this?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: