News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

IE issues with SMF links

Started by Sincere, October 08, 2010, 09:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sincere

hello.
For long time I have known for a fact that when users send me by email links to other users' profiles, I can't access those in IE by simply clicking the link ...... 

If I do click the link sent by email, SMF goes to MY own personal profile, not to the profile of the user.

In Firefox, you don't have this issue.

I long time ignored this as it does not disturb my users, basically just me.

but today I had a much worse issue with an installation of smf 2.0 RC3

The link sent by email to reset your password is invalid as it always leads to the "Authentication Reminder" :
If you've forgotten your login details, don't worry, they can be retrieved. To start this process please enter your username or email address below.
http://www.mydomain.info/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;u=1;code=4f86841684546

Clicking on this link in IE8 does not take you to reset your password, as it only goes to

http://www.mydomain.info/index.php?action=reminder;

However if you copy and paste this full line

http://www.mydomain.info/index.php?action=reminder;sa=setpassword;u=1;code=4f86841684546

then you get to your id

any solution ?

is this a known issue ?

Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

Oya

i think its more an issue with your email than with ie if you can't click on links from your email

vbgamer45

What email account/isp are you using? Most likely it is caused by the ; in the link
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Sincere

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 08, 2010, 10:47:03 AM
What email account/isp are you using? Most likely it is caused by the ; in the link

it is definitely caused by the semi-column ;

I use gmail.......... like everybody else.

kat

Sincere

xenovanis

Funny, two of my users reported this today as well. They both use gmail.

Since I didn't get any compaints about it earlier, I'm wondering whether this is an SMF issue or a gmail thing.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SlammedDime

This is an issue with IE7 and 8... I tested with Firefox and the link loaded just fine as it should (on my test site) and I tested through Thunderbird, as I have my gmail synced in Thunderbird as well, and it worked fine there.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

kat

Advertisement: