News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Blank Screen on both forums

Started by TheListener, October 08, 2010, 06:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

I currently own two forums.

One is MKA and the other is a test forum.

I recently upgraded the Aeva Media mods latest package and now see a blank white screen whenever I enter the admin section.

I have numerous mods on MKA and just the aeva media mod on the test forum.

Running 2.0 RC3 on both forums.

Both installs had no errors.

Oya

sounds like a problem with avea then might want to talk to the author

Sabre™

Return your forum to the state it was before you installed the mod, by obtaining the package in your  "packages>>backup"  directory
It is probably left over code
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Seraphiel

Can be a coding conflict. As the user above me said, grab the backup and decompress it and you should get the forum before Aeva was installed.

TheListener

There's a problem.

The test forum has only the one mod installed.

DoctorMalboro

Did you check with the parse the codes that Aeva add to the administration?

TheListener

DoctorMalboro

TheListener

The error log opens with no problem.

DoctorMalboro

Do you see anything related to Aeva?

TheListener

Nothing in either forums logs.

Been thinking it may be host related.

DoctorMalboro

Did you ever have issues with Aeva before because of your host?

TheListener

Not that I can think of.

Clutching at straws here.

Sabre™

First off, which version of aeva?  1 or 2.
Have you uninstalled it, checked the site, cleared the logs, then reinstalled it yet?
Checked the injected code thoroughly?
It really sounds like a conflict, or double install which brings the first into play. It could be many things, but these two are the usually the issue.
Is it the site you've linked to?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

DoctorMalboro

Try to uninstall Aeva in your main forum so you don't have it down.

You can see if anyone have the same issue in the support thread of Aeva, or check if everything went fine in the installation. Go to your PHPMyAdmin and check all the queries that aeva made are fine.

TheListener

Have version 1.4a

Regarding everything else been there done that.

The forums at www.miltonkeynesaware.co.cc/mkaforum

Sabre™

If you like, you can PM me the usual, and I'll come over and have a look.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

TheListener

Can enter into the Media admin yet when I go to add a new folder I still get the blank screen.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

When you hit a white page, does anything come up on your servers error log? Usually white pages don't just happen, and they should leave a record there.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: