Help me! Settings_bak.php file not found in forum db

Started by Shakil2010, October 09, 2010, 08:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakil2010

I am currently use hxxp:freewebhostingarea.com [nonactive]'s hxxp:6te.net [nonactive] server. This free hosting company provide 1click install some script from there i found smf 2.0rc3 and install in my site. After this when i try to acess server setting from forum admin panel a massege view there that 'Failed to make backup of Settings.php - make sure Settings_bak.php exists and is writable.' then i try to find settings_bak.php in forum data base, but that file was not there and when i try to change my forum name there saw a massege fatal error and the forum became unreachable for ever.

Alex' Manson

its not in the database, it's somewhere with the files on the main directory, search for it and chmod it to 777

-Skander1345

DoctorMalboro

It's in the root directory of your forum, it shouldn't have 777 because if you do that everyone can write it, i think it's better with 664.

Alex' Manson

well actually,
Quotemake sure Settings_bak.php exists and is writable
so it MUST be writable.

sAce

Quote from: skander1345 on October 09, 2010, 09:00:56 AM
well actually,
Quotemake sure Settings_bak.php exists and is writable
so it MUST be writable.

Yes , but not for every one

Kindred

664 IS writeable.... by the system, not by the world.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shakil2010

I search in root and also everywhere in DB for "Settings_bak.php" But file not found.
Plz help me!

Kindred

first of all... Settings_bak.php does not exist in the DATABASE. It is a FILE in the root directory of your forum FILES.

second... Make sure that the forum directory is chmod 755 (maybe 775, if that does not work)

third... if the system still can't make the file, then YOU make the copy. Copy Settings.php to Settings_bak.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: