News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Store uploaded images to amazon s3?

Started by mclarenf1, October 09, 2010, 06:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mclarenf1

I was wondering if there was a plugin to handle storing images that are put in posts into amazon s3 ? I can't seem to find any.

regards and thanks.

DoctorMalboro

Where did you see a mod that do something like that? ???

mclarenf1

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on October 09, 2010, 06:28:27 PM
Where did you see a mod that do something like that? ???

I didn't, that's why i'm asking if it exists :)

DoctorMalboro

Yeah, but, where did you get the idea from? a site that actually has it? a mod from other software?

Need a source so we can see what we do.

mclarenf1

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on October 09, 2010, 06:37:08 PM
Yeah, but, where did you get the idea from? a site that actually has it? a mod from other software?

Need a source so we can see what we do.

there are plugins for wordpress that allow you to store your images on s3 :
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=wordpress+s3&qscrl=1 [nofollow]

there is lots of php code around for uploading images to s3 :
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=php+image+upload+to+s3&qscrl=1 [nofollow]

anybody running a serious site/blog/forum is doing s3 and cloudfront theses days, would be a very big selling point as apparently phpbb doesn't have this.

DoctorMalboro

It's a nice idea for a mod, but i think this topic should be move to the Mod Request board.

mclarenf1

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on October 09, 2010, 07:47:17 PM
It's a nice idea for a mod, but i think this topic should be move to the Mod Request board.

Please do that. I am willing to offer help in this, either in putting in some dev work or putting some money towards it being developed.

DoctorMalboro

I think i might be able to do this... i'm gonna start to work it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I think there is or at least used to be a similar mod, that basically integrates imageshack (if I remember correctly) to SMF, in a way that would replace the attachment feeature with an easy upload to shack.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: