News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Parse Error

Started by ReHaB Gaming, October 10, 2010, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReHaB Gaming

I'm not quite sure what's happened but I'm unable to change various settings in the Admin menu as I end up with errors.

For example I want to edit the name/title of one of the forum categories but when I click on modify I get this -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/nango/public_html/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 2417

Is there a way to "repair" these errors or do I need to install the forum all over again?

IceXaos

it looks like you missed a closing bracket somewhere in the code.  A ******ty fix until you find it would be to put a } before ?> in that file.

kat

If you attach ManagePermissions.php to your next post, Nango, we can take a look at it, for you.

ReHaB Gaming

Quote from: K@ on October 10, 2010, 05:15:17 PM
If you attach ManagePermissions.php to your next post, Nango, we can take a look at it, for you.

Thank you!

kat

Looks like a lot of that file is missing, for reasons that I couldn't even begin to imagine!

If you don't have many mods, it might pay you to replace that file from a virgin copy of the SMF install package.

If you DO have mods, rename the existing file, so you have a backup of it.

ReHaB Gaming

Cheers. I can now make the changes I wanted to and it appears to be working fine!

Advertisement: