News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.6

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2010, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Are you using the converter from the downloads page?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bobmail

Hi

Thanks for your answer.

I'm using the third one (mybb to smf) - with the default .sql file it doesn't detect the database prefix and can't read any table, (error: Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'dev'@'localhost' for table 'users') - with the latest .sql file given in this thread everything goes fine until I have this error message. "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: poster_email"...

If I change the .inc/config related line in the .sql file given on the download page, with "---~ from_prefix: "`{$config['database']['database']}`.{$config['database']['table_prefix']}"" I can start the script but then I have several mysql errors.

bobmail

Attachment is the .sql file that did work for me.

Hope it can help someone :)

Bogus

Thanks bobmail for the sharing from your mysql convert file ;D
Greeetings

Bogus

www.Webline.de | www.GridTalk.de

De$T_RoYeR

i am getting this error

Converting...
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

please help me

margarett

Which converter are you using? The one from the downloads page or the one from this topic? You should use the one from the downloads page.
Is your MyBB 1.6?

Also, check this tip here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404303.msg2877724#msg2877724

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ariolander

I am having issues with the birthday field mainly because my myBB version I am converting from had bad birthdays because the conversion from the other board software to myBB botched the birthday data. While some users have them, a lot of users have the field totally blank.

Is there any way to get the conversion script to skip the b-day field or run some sort of SQL query to insert a valid date if the field is blank?

margarett

Best way is really to just have no values inserted --> no one has birthdate.

kj_

It worked perfect for me :).

kj

Ronald_1938

I have a mybb 1.6.15 I no longer wish to update or upgrade.

I wish to convert over to smf, I am familiar with smf forums to begin with..

What is the first step, use a test board first then go for the real thing..

I am going to need help on this, because I am not the brainiest guy around..

Ron

Antes

Ronald_1938

Quote from: Antes on November 30, 2014, 08:02:03 PM
You can read: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Converting

Thanks Antes, I opened and bookmark it. I will read it later tonight..

Is there help here with this, paid or other that you know of..

Ron..

Antes

Quote from: Oldcrow on November 30, 2014, 08:11:08 PM
Quote from: Antes on November 30, 2014, 08:02:03 PM
You can read: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Converting

Thanks Antes, I opened and bookmark it. I will read it later tonight..

Is there help here with this, paid or other that you know of..

Ron..

Hello, I'm glad to help

You can post in http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=50.0 if you want to post a paid job (Please mind to give as much as detail possible about the job).

Blodo

Hi guys,

While trying to convert a really big forum (1.5gb database size) I ran into issues during conversion of threads table. The particular select query in the sql file that was causing problems was this:

SELECT
t.tid AS id_topic, t.fid AS id_board, t.sticky AS is_sticky,
t.poll AS id_poll, t.views AS num_views, IFNULL(t.uid, 0) AS id_member_started,
IFNULL(ul.uid, 0) AS id_member_updated, t.replies AS num_replies,
CASE
WHEN (t.closed = '1') THEN 1
ELSE 0
END AS locked,
MIN(p.pid) AS id_first_msg, MAX(p.pid) AS id_last_msg
FROM {$from_prefix}threads AS t
INNER JOIN {$from_prefix}posts AS p
LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS ul ON (BINARY ul.username = t.lastposter)
WHERE p.tid = t.tid
GROUP BY t.tid
HAVING id_first_msg != 0
AND id_last_msg != 0;

Turns out the INNER JOIN in this absolutely chokes out on a big table to the point where it can't even return 1 row in a reasonable amount of time. I rewrote the select query for that particular conversion step to the following:

SELECT
    t.tid AS id_topic, t.fid AS id_board, t.sticky AS is_sticky,
    t.poll AS id_poll, t.views AS num_views, IFNULL(t.uid, 0) AS id_member_started,
    IFNULL(ul.uid, 0) AS id_member_updated, t.replies AS num_replies,
    IF(t.closed = '1', 1, 0) AS locked,
    (SELECT MIN(p.pid) FROM {$from_prefix}posts AS p WHERE p.tid = t.tid LIMIT 1) AS id_first_msg,
    (SELECT MAX(p.pid) FROM {$from_prefix}posts AS p WHERE p.tid = t.tid LIMIT 1) AS id_last_msg
FROM {$from_prefix}threads AS t
    LEFT JOIN {$from_prefix}users AS ul ON (ul.username = t.lastposter)
HAVING id_first_msg != 0 AND id_last_msg != 0;

Time taken to complete this query is reduced by orders of magnitude due to MySQL optimiser now not ignoring the indexes. The BINARY statement on the ul.username made indexes not be used on the users table (which was a big problem), and the INNER JOIN with GROUP BY clause on the posts table ignored indexes as well (which was an even bigger problem). Hope it helps somebody.

benny3041

Hey,

is there an importer for MyBB 1.8 ?

greets

margarett

Not a dedicated one no. But, as far as we know, the 1.6 converter works fine with minor tweaks. You should get an error like this:
Unknown column 'msn' in 'field list'
You should just remove the mentioned field from the conversion and it should work for the remaining parts ;)

benny3041

Quote from: margarett on December 20, 2015, 07:20:22 PM
Not a dedicated one no. But, as far as we know, the 1.6 converter works fine with minor tweaks. You should get an error like this:
Unknown column 'msn' in 'field list'
You should just remove the mentioned field from the conversion and it should work for the remaining parts ;)

Where can i delet this ? :$

margarett

In the .sql file (I'm sorry but I'm typing from my phone...)

benny3041

I cant find this in the .sql File o.O

Illori

you are using the files attached in the first post?

in the sql there is

SUBSTRING(yahoo, 1, 32) AS yim, SUBSTRING(msn, 1, 255) AS msn,

remove the second part of that line.

Advertisement: