News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Recording Emails Sent

Started by liamtoo, October 11, 2010, 11:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liamtoo

Is there any way to record and archive emails and newsletters sent. (I have disabled PM's)
Thanks

Oya

no you'd have to request a mod for this

Road Rash Jr.

I'd like to see this implemented too but wouldn't it be better to include it in the program rather than a mod?
Seems to me it would be an integral part of the base program.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Oya

well it isn't giong to be put into 2.0, and it could very easily eat a lot of db space so i'd expect it to be a mod

least ways if it's done as a mod you can get it soon rather than however many months it is before its implemented (even if it is in 2.1 that's gotta be months away yet)

Road Rash Jr.

I agree it would take a life time to get this into the program the rate these guys are moving, but then beggars can't be choosers LOL

It wouldn't take any more db space if there were a choice to save or not to save. Or even if there was an alternative to forward a copy to the admin.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

liamtoo

It's actually easy enough to archive the newsletters by sending one to myself, I know but when as Admin I send an email to individual members, there is no provision for a cc. I would have thought a cc option or save copy to anyEmailAddress.com would be simple enough to do. That wouldn't require any extra db space.

Road Rash
Yours came through while I was typing ... we're on the same page :)

Oya

still won't get into 2.0 which claims to be feature locked

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

This should probably be feature requests. I'd move this if I could :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: