News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

importing certain DB tables over?

Started by OrosEcho_, October 11, 2010, 05:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrosEcho_

Hi,

I'm trying to import certain DB tables over a fresh install of SMF. My last one ran into tons of problems, Never got resolved. So im starting over. I got all the mods and the way i wanted to. Is there a way for me to move post, threads, users over?

Kindred

you can import the ENTIRE database and then run upgrade.php (if the dbs are for different versions of SMF)

Importing specific tables is a sure road to problems, if you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OrosEcho_

OrosEcho_

I tried importing the whole db over but i don't see the post, forums, users etc.

Kindred

is your smf install actually pointing to that database?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OrosEcho_

Advertisement: