News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Receiving a Fatal Error

Started by Abhii, October 12, 2010, 04:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abhii

Hey guys,

I think im receiving this error after uninstalling fav_links mod, but.......

Here is the error.

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function fav_links() in /home/myusername/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code on line 82

I replaced Load.php with original load.php from the downloads section, but this error still wont go away.

It appears in the child board topics under childboards.

Please help,

Thank you

kat

This really should be in the support boards.

If you'd told us which version of SMF you're using, it could be moved.

Sadly, you haven't.

So, we can't.

Kindred

actually, problems with mods should be asked in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod.

However, I do not see any fav_links in the mod list either....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Abhii

I am using SMF RC3.

I don't wana knock Mod's section, they are already telling me to search here cuz the problem is with the file "AFTER" uninstalling the mod, so since I un-installed it, it has nothing to do with the mod.

I think k@ could help me with this and if you do, ill be really thankful !!

Kindred

it is obviously a problem with the mod not uninstalling cleanly...    Since that code was obviously ADDED by the mod, but not removed when you uninstalled it.   In other words, it did not uninstall!
... and WHO told you to post in the "bug reports" board?

(and what mod is it, since I can not find any mod with the name "fav_links"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Abhii

I understand.
This is the reason I replaced load.php with a completely brand new load.php but it still did not help. That shows something else is wrong. The name of the mod is Favourite (Favorite) Boards [UPDATED FOR RC3]. In another words, Fav Links. Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

Kindred

see the "eval'd" text?   That means that the error is not actually in load.php, so replacing it had no effect on the error, because the error is not in that file. (BTW: By replacing Load.php, you may have messed up other mods which had changed that file)

in your admin settings, turn OFF the eval so that we can see where the error actually is.
Слaва
Украинi

Abhii

I don't think I caused any other errors cuz I usually look at the files being edited to make backup and i don't remember any of them being load.php. So I guess im fine there.

Now forgive me but I have no clue what eval is and how you turn it off.

Kindred

admin > configuration > server settings > general > Disable evaluation of templates

make sure it is CHECKED
Слaва
Украинi

Abhii

Holy cow. Some mods did get messed up by replacing load.php
As a support team member, do you have the right to change the load file back the way it was?

If its impossible, it's alright, ill just reinstall some mods oh and ill let you know once i disabled evaluation of templates

kat

Do you have a recent backup that you can pull the file from?

You REALLY ought to backup, before installing/uninstalling mods.

Kindred

you didn't take a backup, did you?

And no... you can't just reinstall the mods, because that would create duplicate code for those mods in every OTHER file.
You will have to manually go through EACH mod that you have installed and see if it has any edits to load.php, and then manually apply those edits.

And as a team member, I don't have any access to your site or any backups on your site....
Слaва
Украинi

Abhii

Ah okay. Stupid me. I learned a lesson atleast. While I do that here,
Disable evaluation of templates is checked.

Abhii

Not recieving any replies... What do i need to do?

kat

Quote from: Kindred on October 12, 2010, 05:08:17 PM
You will have to manually go through EACH mod that you have installed and see if it has any edits to load.php, and then manually apply those edits.

Abhii

No, I meant about the actual error listed in the OP

KensonPlays

abhii,
if you have Windows and Notepad++,

download sources directory and fo a search/find for all those files (there is a feature) for the undefined function.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Abhii

have both of em but don't know to use that funciton  O:)

Kindred

once you have disabled the eval, then, the next time the error occurs, you can see what file it is actually in....

or, search all the files (as the previous suggestion said) for that function and remove it.
Слaва
Украинi

Abhii

Okay, I think someone fixed that error.
Now it is replaced with this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fav_links() in /home/myusername/public_html/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php on line 82

Advertisement: