News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

White Screen on Some menu items

Started by Simple_User, October 12, 2010, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple_User

I have a problem with menus missing and found a thread that said to install the language items, which fixed it...
However when I go to the Admin / Maintenance / Forum Maintenance - and click only of the 4 options in there like Routine, Database, Members or Topics, I get a blank white screen.

I did load ALL the language files etc which fixed a few of the menu items, however the ones mentioned above are still missing

Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC3

Any suggestions as to how to fix this.

P.S. For what it is worth, I cleared the errors log and tried it again , still get blank screens but dont get any errors

Also just noticed one other error...
when I ( or anyone) try to modify the user profile ( thru Modify Profile) I get nothing coming up for any of the 5 options avail to modify.

So any help of these 2 item would be greatly appreciated

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Simple_User

no there are no mods installed.

www.theshinelounge.com/thelounge

Simple_User

Ok thanks.

Did that and now I get an error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_optimize() (previously declared in /home/username/public_html/forumname/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code:1264) in /home/username/public_html/forumname/Sources/Load.php(2083) : eval()'d code on line 548

this is the same error on all 4

kat

If you disable eval, we can see the true errors.

Unfortunately, eval screws those. :(

Admin>Configuration>Server settings>General.

Check "Disable evaluation of templates".

Also, can you attach Load.php to your next post?

Simple_User

Ok done that and here is the error now...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_optimize() (previously declared in /home/username/public_html/forumname/Themes/smf_7dana_1/Admin.template.php:1264) in /home/username/public_html/forumname/Themes/default/ManageMaintenance.template.php on line 548

also Load.php is attached
and ManageMaintenance.template.php as that is mentioned now

kat

Yuk!

Looks like you installed a mod, twice.

Any idea as to which one?

Simple_User

um no. and checking the mods, it says none installed

is there some way to find out or some way to clean it out?

kat

Let's try something quick'n'easy, with this...

Inside the theme's directory, you'll find Admin.template.php.

If you rename that to, say, Admin.template0.php, does the error go away?

If so, does everything work as it should?

Simple_User

Your a Genius

it seems to be all working and even the menus line up better now..

I changed the file in the Themes/smf_7dana_1.
tryed the default one but didnt have an effect.. so tryed the other

you guys are fantastic...

thanks Heaps

kat

Pleasure!

What I did was quite easy, when you know stuff.

In a custom theme, if there are any files "missing", what it does is use the corresponding file from the default theme's directory.

In renaming that file, it can't find it, so it's using the default.

Or, is it from Curve, in v2.x?

Either way, it works, sometimes! :)

Kindred

it looks like that theme declared a function which was moved to a different location.

In other words, I suspect that the theme you are using was not actually designed for the version of SMF that you are using....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Simple_User

so are you saying that if I copy the default file to the custom theme it should still work?
one way to find out I guess eh  try it   

anyway I guess we can mark this as Solved By a Super Hero (AKA K@) 

ah that could be right Kindred as I guess a lot of themes were written for earlier versions

Kindred

you do not need to copy anything....    if the template file does not exist in the custom theme, the system will use the default version of that template.
Слaва
Украинi

kat

I can't actually find that theme on the theme site.

I guess it's this one.

http://www.7dana.com/free-smf-theme

Kindred

which explains why it could have such an error...    we never had the chance to check and validate that it uses the correct functions in the correct files.
Слaва
Украинi

Simple_User

cant remember where I got it, but it DID come with the SMF in front of it.. Maybe just a way to identify it..
the theme had to be the red colors etc it has now...

has this in its file

Creator Web:     http://www.7dana.com [nofollow]

Simple Machines Forum  1.1.7 compatible theme.

kat

I edited my post.

Looks like it's this one.

http://www.7dana.com/free-smf-theme

I just downloaded it and it's for a VERY old version of SMF.

STill, if it works, all's good!

Might be a problem, though, if you try to install any mods on it.

Simple_User

haha yes thats it, just edited my post too
Oh well if I find any mods cause a Problem then I will have to look for a new theme I guess

Advertisement: