News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Am I able to delete a membergroup?

Started by Welovea1, October 13, 2010, 03:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welovea1

I have a membergroup based on post count that I'd like to be able to change the post count. I don't see how to do that. So I figured I would just delete the entire membergroup and then add a new one with what I wanted.
I don't see how to delete a membergroup entirely.  Is it possible?

SMF 2.0 RC3

Thanks!

Oya

you go to the manage membergroups area then press edit - that's where changing of post count can be done as well as deleting them

Welovea1

I don't see that option for me when I go there.  ???

I only have Group Name, Inherit permissions, color in online list, number of star images, star image file name, max personal messages and visible boards.  Any other suggestions?

Oya

xenovanis

If it's the one postcount based group that is left, you can't delete it. You'll need at least one for your forum to function.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Oya

actually it looks like he's trying to edit a non post based group since the 'minimum post count' item isn't there

Welovea1

If I go into admin and look at my membergroups, I have 4 in my Regular Groups, then 5 in my Post Count Based groups.

I want to either change the required posts (in one of the Post count based groups) or just delete that group all together, but I do not see any options to allow me to do that.

When I click on modify (in the post based group I want to change or delete), I only have the options I listed above...nothing else is available for me to do.

Oya

there should be a delete button at the bottom...?

screenshot of the page please

Spoogs

group number 4 (Newbie) cannot be deleted it seems
I just checked 3 sites and all the other post count groups can be deleted except Newbie

Welovea1

Oya

the bottom most post group - 0 posts, group id 4 - must stay in place otherwise other things get broken

what happens if you edit one of the other groups?

Welovea1

Thanks. That's the one I wanted to edit or delete.  :'(
I'm able to change the others if I wanted.

I'll have to figure out a different solution to my problem.
Thank you again.  :)

Oya

but you *must* have a post count group with 0 posts!

lets say you removed it and the lowest post count group was 10 posts - what post count group do you give to everyone with 0 to 9 posts? (because they *must* have one)

Welovea1

I understand. I made the adjustment to the membergroup and all is well now.
Thank you for your help!

Advertisement: