News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error during Uninstallation of Mod [Urgent]

Started by cector, October 14, 2010, 05:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cector

I am using SMF 2.0 RC3. I have successfully uninstalled some mods but during 16 mods uninstalltion I received below error. All 16 mods are compatible with smf 2.0 RC3:

"Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

* 1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
   1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
   2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
*2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test failed
   1.    Replace    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test failed
*3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
   1.    Replace    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
   2.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
*4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
   1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
*5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
   1.    Add Before    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
*6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file

I shall be very thankful for your quick support.
Computers & Technology | Entertainment | Movies | Health | Artist's Corner | Fashion & Style Forums

http://forum.digitallylink.com

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

cector

Thanks for your quick response.

No, I tried to uninstall one by one some uninstall successfully but 16 mods above error occurred.
Computers & Technology | Entertainment | Movies | Health | Artist's Corner | Fashion & Style Forums

YogiBear

cector, what is the mod you're trying to install and what other mods do you already have installed?

Edit : just seen your latest post. Sometimes, some mods need to be installed and uninstalled in a certain order.

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Paul_Pauline

In many cases mods have to be uninstalled in the reverse order to how they were installed, as subsequent mods that edit code in the same areas, make it impossible for the package manager to find  where to remove a specific mod from.

You have two options, parse the manual installation edits for the mod from the page you downloaded it from, then go through each file, manually removing the edits that were made.

OR

Grab a 2.0.RC3 large upgrade pack, unzip it to your desktop, and use the files it contains to overwrite the files on your server via ftp, this will put your forum back to how it was originally, you will lose any mods or hard coded edits you may have made during this process !

You shouldn't overwrite "setting.php", "settings_bak.php", "attachments", "avatars".
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

cector

I don't want to install any mod right now but want to uninstall mod which installed in my forum because all 16 mods are not working right now. Below 16 Mods are showing error during uninstall:

Activity Reminder      1.0
AjaxInlineMessagePreview      2.0
Disable Right Click      4.0
ENotify      2.0
GoogAd Mod v.1.1      1.1
Google Route Map 1.0      v.1
Google Search Box With Results      1.2
Guest Registration Notification      1.2
High Server Load Warning      v2.5
Increase Number of Visitors (cheat)      1.0
SimpleAds      1.0
Active Members In Topic      1.8
Counters: Google, StatCounter & Yandex      0.7
Hide Membergroup Titles      1.0
Image Host Whitelist      1.4
Infolinks Integration Mod | S-Ace      1.1

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I'd suggest a mod but it is not from SMF but from one of SMF best mod author I ever know. His name is Arantor and this is his relevant mod link that I find very useful for your case: http://arantormods.com/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=32

This mod is can sort all of your mods so that it will be easier for you to uninstall any of your installed mods by its installation order. You might need to click date for your mods to be sorted by date after you have installed this mod.

You will find that it is very easy to uninstall mods in an orderly fashion. Please update your progress when you're done.

Advertisement: