News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

OMFG Help me

Started by Bolt3D08[UGP]™, October 15, 2010, 07:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

I am trying to install this - http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=475 -

and I need to edit the /subs.php file

and I need to find

$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum', 'manage_boards', 'manage_permissions', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups', 'manage_bans', 'send_mail', 'edit_news', 'manage_attachments', 'manage_smileys'));

But I can't fine this and I have spent the last hour looking for it and am going crazy trying to fine it on the /subs.php file

So can any one help me fine it or know where abouts it is in the /subs.php file, file ?????????????????

Thanks

DoctorMalboro

Could you attach your Subs.php so i can take a look at it?

gbsothere

If you're using RC3, in Subs.php, look for this:

// Set up the menu privileges.

It should be a couple of lines down below that.  Perhaps some other mod has already modified that line or you have some white space that's causing you not to be able to use "Select" to capture it and then find it.  When I have trouble finding a string, I copy only the actual text (no space before or after) and try to find it with my text editor's search feature that way.  I'm finding the string you're looking for doing it that way.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Quote from: gbsothere on October 15, 2010, 08:12:12 AM

It should be a couple of lines down below that.  Perhaps some other mod has already modified that line or you have some white space that's causing you not to be able to use "Select" to capture it and then find it.  When I have trouble finding a string, I copy only the actual text (no space before or after) and try to find it with my text editor's search feature that way.  I'm finding the string you're looking for doing it that way.

Thanks, I will look into this

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Quote from: iSlinky321 on October 15, 2010, 08:18:24 AM
Quote from: gbsothere on October 15, 2010, 08:12:12 AM

Thanks, I will look into this

I just find this

$context['allow_admin'] = allowedTo(array('admin_forum', 'manage_boards', 'sp_admin', 'sp_manage_settings', 'sp_manage_blocks', 'sp_manage_articles', 'sp_manage_pages', 'sp_manage_shoutbox', 'manage_permissions', 'moderate_forum', 'manage_membergroups', 'manage_bans', 'send_mail', 'edit_news', 'manage_attachments', 'manage_smileys' ));

Sorry for all the posts

Edit:When I try to edit this make forums crashs and comes up with an error and untill I do that my forum wont come on

gbsothere

iSlinky321, are you trying to install the mod with the package manager and Subs.php is giving you a "fail test"?  If not, why are you trying to install the mod manually, instead of using the package manager?

You need to go ahead now and back up your database and your files before you go any further.  :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Quote from: gbsothere on October 15, 2010, 08:34:27 AM
iSlinky321, are you trying to install the mod with the package manager and Subs.php is giving you a "fail test"?  If not, why are you trying to install the mod manually, instead of using the package manager?

You need to go ahead now and back up your database and your files before you go any further.  :)

I am trying to install the mod via the forum and its talling me I need to edit the subs file

gbsothere

*puzzled*

You shouldn't have to manually modify any files when using the package manager.  It does the editing for you, particularly Source files, such as Subs.php.  When you try it again, will you copy and paste the actual error message you're getting?

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Quote from: gbsothere on October 15, 2010, 08:46:38 AM
*puzzled*

You shouldn't have to manually modify any files when using the package manager.  It does the editing for you, particularly Source files, such as Subs.php.  When you try it again, will you copy and paste the actual error message you're getting?

Well I have just installed without the editing and it seems to be working so I think that markes the end of this

Thanks to every for all your help,

You can lock this now

gbsothere

Kindred

also...   please be aware:   

Mod specific questions should be asked in the thread dedicated to supporting that specific mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bolt3D08[UGP]™

Quote from: Kindred on October 15, 2010, 09:17:01 AM
also...   please be aware:   

Mod specific questions should be asked in the thread dedicated to supporting that specific mod.

Oh, Sorry about that I did not see

Advertisement: