Rectangle avatar possible?

Started by devoetbalkantine, October 16, 2010, 02:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoetbalkantine

Hey guys,

Is it possible to change the avatar settings so it's also optional to choose a rectangle avatar?

Example: We accept avatars of the size 80x80 pixels. If someone would like to use an avatar which is 80x40 in size, now it is automatically changed to fit 80x80.

Kindred

???    Mods installed, smf version, url?

I can't recreate this....   If the image is over the maximum defined site (admin > attachments and avatars > avatar settings) then it resizes the image down....  but it maintains the aspect ratio of the original in all of my tests.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dojik

Just set in Avatar settings javascript instaed of HTML. It helped me.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi devoetbalkantine, did you try using javascript instead of HTML resizing?
HTML has done some other strange stuff too in the past, like at one point it made images larger than they were when it was supposed to make them smaller.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

devoetbalkantine

I tried using the Javascript-option and that did the trick strangely enough.

Antechinus

HTML resizing will force all avatars to the maximum dimensions. The javascript option is better (and tbh I'm not sure why we provide the HTML option as IMO it's not worth having).

Advertisement: