Is it possible to reinstall

Started by The Domain Shop, October 18, 2010, 08:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Domain Shop

Is it possible to reinstall Smf rc3 without losing my members accounts. Basicly i've bought a new theme that has some built in modifications and changes to the templates which requires me to uninstall all off the ones i have so instead off messing about i was going to reinstall Smf rc3 altogether but if there is away to repair it all back to default without my members having to re-register would be alot better.

Kill Em All

Download a large upgrade package, and upload all the files in it except for the upgrade.php and sql data files.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

The Domain Shop

Quote from: Kill Em All on October 18, 2010, 08:53:48 PM
Download a large upgrade package, and upload all the files in it except for the upgrade.php and sql data files.

Would this then put everything back to default?

Matthew K.

I would suggest just saving Settings.php, and re-uploading everything else.

Kill Em All

Quote from: "Trax" on October 18, 2010, 09:18:33 PM

Would this then put everything back to default?
Well it would keep your database information all the same, but it will give you a fresh set of new files.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

The Domain Shop

So just to verify, i don't need these files(See attachment)

Matthew K.

That is correct, you can delete those.
Quote from: "Trax" on October 18, 2010, 09:37:43 PM

So just to verify, i don't need these files(See attachment)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi "Trax", do you still need assistance in reinstalling, or have you been able do this already? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

The Domain Shop

Quote from: LexArma on November 04, 2010, 01:52:46 AM
Hi "Trax", do you still need assistance in reinstalling, or have you been able do this already? :)

Yes i have fixed this, sorry forgot to mark solved :P thanks anyhow ;)

Advertisement: