News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Upgrading error form smf 1.1.11 to 2.0

Started by Baloch, October 19, 2010, 04:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baloch

Hello There,

I have used large upgrade to update SMF 1.1.11 to SMF 2.0 now I am getting following error during upgrade.php
pdating and creating indexes...
Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE smf_smileys
    ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

Regards,
Raji

Baloch

Thanks upgrading successfully done but there is no any change visible on forum
SMF VERSION is old. default theme look is still old. What could be the reason?

http://baask.com/forum/

gbsothere

Baloch, according to your forum's footer, your version is still 1.1.11. How did you attempt the upgrade?

Using an FTP application, such as Filezilla, you would need to download the RC3 LARGE Upgrade, open the zip and then the folder inside and then move all those contents to the proper directories within your forum's folder on your server.  Then you need to make all files and folders writable, make sure the upgrade.php and all the included .sql files found in the zip's main folder are uploaded to your forum's root, point your browser to upgrade.php and proceed with the upgrade.

I'm stumped as to how the upgrade could have been successfully done, if your files are still 1.1.11.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Alex' Manson

just to remind, you, all your mods will be uninstalled.

Baloch

Quote from: gbsothere on October 20, 2010, 08:01:37 AM
Baloch, according to your forum's footer, your version is still 1.1.11. How did you attempt the upgrade?

Using an FTP application, such as Filezilla, you would need to download the RC3 LARGE Upgrade, open the zip and then the folder inside and then move all those contents to the proper directories within your forum's folder on your server.  Then you need to make all files and folders writable, make sure the upgrade.php and all the included .sql files found in the zip's main folder are uploaded to your forum's root, point your browser to upgrade.php and proceed with the upgrade.

I'm stumped as to how the upgrade could have been successfully done, if your files are still 1.1.11.

I have done all of that :(

gbsothere

Quote from: Baloch on October 20, 2010, 08:33:07 AM

Presently, your forum is (apparently) still 1.1.11.  If you'd like to provide (through personal message, not here in this thread) log in details for a temporary admin account (not your own, but one that you can delete, later) I'll take a look around your forum to see if I can spot the issue, although, the obvious conclusion is that you're still not upgraded.   :)

Before sharing log in details or any other sensitive information, please have a look at this link:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228940.0

I'll be happy to assist you with the upgrade but do bear in mind, as was just pointed out by another poster, that you will lose all your 1.1.11 mods and themes and you will need to reinstall RC3 versions of those.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Baloch

Quote from: gbsothere on October 20, 2010, 08:39:27 AM
Quote from: Baloch on October 20, 2010, 08:33:07 AM

Presently, your forum is (apparently) still 1.1.11.  If you'd like to provide (through personal message, not here in this thread) log in details for a temporary admin account (not your own, but one that you can delete, later) I'll take a look around your forum to see if I can spot the issue, although, the obvious conclusion is that you're still not upgraded.   :)

Before sharing log in details or any other sensitive information, please have a look at this link:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228940.0

I'll be happy to assist you with the upgrade but do bear in mind, as was just pointed out by another poster, that you will lose all your 1.1.11 mods and themes and you will need to reinstall RC3 versions of those.

Thanks a lot, issue has been resolved. You were right. It was the mistake of my hosting company's technical team to whom I requested to download the package and upload it into my smf folder because my net was so much slow at that time. Well I repeated all steps and now everything is running okay.
Now my both testing and original forums are okay.

testing = http://baask.com/forum/index.php
Original = http://baask.com/diwwan/index.php

But I want to know a minor thing more. My original site is okay on Firefox while logo and slogan both images (with transparent background) are out in IE browser. What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance for your response

Raji

gbsothere

Quote from: Baloch on October 21, 2010, 09:16:43 AM

Thanks a lot, issue has been resolved. You were right. It was the mistake of my hosting company's technical team to whom I requested to download the package and upload it into my smf folder because my net was so much slow at that time. Well I repeated all steps and now everything is running okay.
Now my both testing and original forums are okay.

testing = http://baask.com/forum/index.php
Original = http://baask.com/diwwan/index.php

But I want to know a minor thing more. My original site is okay on Firefox while logo and slogan both images (with transparent background) are out in IE browser. What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance for your response

Raji

I'm going to mark this solved, since your original issue has been sorted and I can see that you have another thread addressing the IE problem.  I'm afraid I know little to nothing about IE, since I'm a Mac (Apple) user and the majority of us don't use that browser.  It's outdated for Mac. 

Unrelated, but I'll suggest that you go into Admin----> Themes and Layout----> Theme Settings and scroll down and look for

"Forum width:"

and experiment with changing that value until the width of your forum is to your liking.  It seems a bit wider than Curve normally appears. 

;)

Advertisement: