News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Increase / Falsify pageviews

Started by endomorph, October 20, 2010, 04:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

endomorph

Where can I find the code that writes the page views to hits in smf_log_activity

I need to multiply each hit by two

Thanks

Oya

you realise that it will make your forum look fake and discourage users from posting there - if you have a lot more users reading and not posting it won't encourage activity, it'll discourage it

YogiBear

I agree with Oya. Many page views but not many posts doesn't impress.

You could try a mod called Ghost Members which, but do check, has been updated for RC3...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=337319.80
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I too would advice against this, bloated hits will not do much good if you don't have any real posts to offer.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

endomorph

The board has tens of thousands of posts, my client just wants to increase the viewing traffic figures for the sake of advertisers

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, that wouldn't be a good idea either IMO, it may attract advertisers at first - but what then when they find out the truth?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: