News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

phpbb -> smf converter issue - members not converting

Started by s9jeremiah, July 01, 2005, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s9jeremiah

I have tried this on 3 boxes not and they have all had the same results - everything but the member related data is being moved with the phpbb -> smf converter.

I have taken a glance at the vb3 -> phpbb converter and, if my hunch is correct, it appears the latest version of the phpbb converter is missing the piece of code that takes the array of member data after it is assigned and does the insert into the smf member table.

ie - in the vb one there is this
$rows = array();
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
$rows[] = "'" . implode("', '", addslashes_recursive($row)) . "'";

mysql_query("
INSERT INTO {$to_prefix}members
(" . implode(', ', array_keys($members_table)) . ")
VALUES (" . implode('),
(', $rows) . ")");

$_REQUEST['start'] += 500;
if (mysql_num_rows($result) < 500)
break;

mysql_free_result($result);
}

but there is nothing simular in the phpbb one that I see.  the result of that impacts the moderators, personal_messages & pm_recipients as there are no members to attach the data too. 

Everything else seems fine.

Does anyone have a copy of the converter pre the June 29, 2005 build so I can double check?

Thank you!!

s9jeremiah

I now see the code where it should be doing that now but it does not seem to be working.  I'll attach some displays in there and see what is going on.

s9jeremiah

before I hardcode the sql to port the members does anyone have an older copy of the script they could share?

thanks!

Anihc

Someone throw me a line, I am having this problem too!

Everything converted perfect except for the acutal users. ALONG with that is the fact that after it is installed and sice there are NO users I cannot acces the forum as an admin to do anything. When users log in they end up with the base user category. How can I add admin rights to my main user (ME), also ho can we fix the user conversion for this?

[Unknown]

Are you sure it's not converting members?  Can you give me a link to your forum?

-[Unknown]

Anihc

I have it down again, to re-install once more :( It did all the conversions etc and seemed fine, All the posts were there and so forth, the only things not there of course were the themes I cusomized, (that I know of - cant get into it or rather could not get into it to look at the admin panel)

I do know though for a fact that it showed 299 or so post for zero members. I could not log in with the admin and when I created a new account the users ent up to ONE! lol

I think his post above may be the same thing happeinign to me. Give me a couple hours to re-install and I will post it. (maybe - who is unknown? lol :)

Thanks, be back soon....

mctaz

I guess I should have checked this forum first, I too just converted & alas, the posts & boards come across but no users including admin are accessible!

So where to now?  pull it all down & wait for a fix?

McT

s9jeremiah

[Unknown]

I just tested the latest version of the phpBB 2 converter with SMF 1.0.5 and phpBB 2.0.16, and members were converted correctly.  I'm not sure what might be causing the problems....

-[Unknown]

mctaz

Fixed my board up thanks...

Downloaded the converter.php file & the appropriate .sql file & run it with no probz...

Thanks muchly :-)

Anihc

Well...... not sure exactly what the problem was/is

But this is what I did and it seemed to work perfectly this time.
(last time I used me host file manager to extract the zip file which lead to chmod isues so..)

This time after removing the previous smf install and deleating the smf indexes/tables etc from mysql I:
1. Extracted the zip file to a folder on my desktop.
2. Uploaded those files via my ftp software. (they maintained the specific chmod settings this way)
3. Ran the install. (followed all proper steps) No errors.
4. Checked the install and all seemed to be fine to this point.
5. Then I ran the converter. This time it worked perfect. I also used the origional converter I allready had along with the same install zip file. I dl'd both of these several days ago.

It seems that PERHAPS the chmod settings were creating havoc on the install? I think I was previously setting them as noted in the help files 777 or 755/655 as per my hosts help files regaurding smf conversion/install.

I think?? the original converter may have been working fine but you got me on that one.

Just thought I would add my input on this issue and maybe it can help others even though it seems there is a new converter that seems to have fixed this issue also? (maybe it is working around the chmod files differently?) <- total guess there :)

Thanks for the help/response.

[Unknown]

First, these are duplicates:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=41139.0
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=41202.0

Second, if you are trying to convert to SMF 1.1 Beta 3, this problem is being caused by using the wrong converter.  Please see this topic for 1.1 converters:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=38966.0

Again, with SMF 1.0 I have tested this again without problems.  Is anyone trying to convert phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.16 to SMF 1.0.5 and having this problem?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: