News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Guest views on forum

Started by milislav, October 21, 2010, 06:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milislav

Hallo.First,sorry about my english.I have one question,and i'm sorry if that question was asked before,i try search butt i did not find.
I want to allow guest users to view guest download topic and all post in it.Now they can view topic but not posts.How can i manage that in admin panel.
Product is SMF 2.0 RC3.Thanks for help.

Paul_Pauline

Admin > Permissions > Guests > Modify
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

milislav

Thanks.I'm going in that area and her's what i have there:

Use basic forum functionality

View forum statistics   
   Access Teampage   
   View the memberlist and groups   
   View Who's Online   
   Search for posts and topics   
   View global forum message   
   Access to chat   
   Moderate chat   
   View shoutBox   
   Can shout   
   Moderate shoutBox   
   View other people's profiles

Moderator tag controls

Moderate the board   

Post topics and replies to the board   

View additional board content   

Make new polls   

Thank-O-Matic (Members Setting)   

Post attachments   

Moderator tag controls

Which checkbox i need to check?

xenovanis

Check:
Post topics and replies to the board

Make sure to set some sort of verification or postmoderation to prevent spammers from taking over your board. You can set this in Admin -> Configuration -> Security.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

milislav

I just try it,butt no still same thing.Guest can see topic(for example:guest download-movies) butt not able to see some post in that topic.When try it redirecting to login page. :-[

xenovanis

Can we get a link to such a post?

Do you have any modifications installed?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

milislav

Hope this is allowed:
http://balkandownload.org/index.php/board,77.0.html

these is a new forum,started 3 months ago,dis page vil take you to guest downloads-movies.try to enter in some post.

xenovanis

You must have a modification installed preventing guests from viewing topics. That mod is probably interferring with the boardpermissions for guests.

You'll probably need to check this as well: View global forum message.

milislav

Quote from: xenovanis on October 21, 2010, 04:27:10 PM
You must have a modification installed preventing guests from viewing topics. That mod is probably interferring with the boardpermissions for guests.

You'll probably need to check this as well: View global forum message.

I try everything,butt it did not work.Please ca'n u tell me where to check modifications or view global forum messages?I'm new admin on site,and i dont know what those guys do from the start.Step by step explenation,please once again.I don-t know what to do.Does these machine has that option anyway?

xenovanis

Admin -> Main -> Packages -> Installed Packages

Please post back the list of installed packages on your forum.

milislav

Here are all installed packages:

1.   Yet Another Global Announcements Mod   2.7.3   [ Uninstall ]
2.   Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags   1.8   [ Uninstall ]
3.   Member Color Link   3.0.8   [ Uninstall ]
4.   Global Message   1.0   [ Uninstall ]
5.   MonthUser   1.0   [ Uninstall ]
6.   AjaxChat Integration   3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3)   [ Uninstall ]
7.   Reason For Editing Mod   2.3.2   [ Uninstall ]
8.   TinyPortal   1.100   [ Uninstall ]
9.   Users Online Today   1.5.6   [ Uninstall ]
10.   Team Page   3.5.5   [ Uninstall ]
11.   VB Style Board Index   1.5   [ Uninstall ]
12.   WYSIWYG Quick Reply v2   RC3   [ Uninstall ]
13.   Sitemap   2.1.2   [ Uninstall ]
14.   MetaTags Modification   1.4   [ Uninstall ]
15.   Thank-O-Matic   2.0 RC2   [ Uninstall ]
16.   Google Analytics Code   1.1   [ Uninstall ]

gbsothere

I've noticed when viewing milislav's membergroup settings, that there is no standard postbased group (and by standard, I mean what comes with an SMF installation), although there are postbased groups.  The thing is, though, that none of his membergroups, postbased or otherwise inherit any permissions; they are all set to unique permissions.  Might this affect whether or not a guest can view posts, even though guests are allowed to browse the forum and guest permissions allow "Post topics and replies to the board"?

EDIT:  I realize that "Guests" is not a postbased member group, but, since clicking "permissions" shows that group along with "Regular Members", etc., is it affected, in some manner, by an overall setting?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

xenovanis

There is no default permission to view topics. Odd, but I see no mod listed that would do that.

I'm wondering what this feature of TinyPortal does:
- Make categories and set access for membergroups on these.

In Admin -> Configuration -> Core Features, could you enable "Report Generation"?

After doing so, please post back the results for
Admin -> Maintenance -> Reports -> Board Permissions

and
Admin -> Maintenance -> Reports -> Group Permissions

gbsothere

Thanks, Xen, for that.   :)

I'm dashing for the day; picnic (and I'll bring back pictures of my grandbaby, dressed as a Ladybug) but I was curious about that whole "unique vs. inherited" permissions thing.  I saw an issue, recently, where it allowed newbies to access the Admin button (until they were reset to "inherit"), so I wondered, when I saw his were all set to "unique".

*waving*
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

milislav

First thing you asked:(Just for the guest users in specific topic-guest download zone)

allow_mod_tag: x
Approve posts:    x
Delete any posts:    x
Delete own posts:    x
Lock any topic:    x
Lock own topic:    x
Make topics sticky:    x
Request notification on any topic:    x
Request notification on own topics:    x
Merge topics:    x
Moderate the board:    x
Modify any post:    x
Modify own posts:    x
Move Any Topic:    x
Add poll to any topics:    x
Add poll to own topics:    x
Edit any poll:    x
Edit own polls:    x
Lock any poll:    x
Post new poll:    x
Remove any poll:    x
View polls:   Allow
Vote in polls:   Allow
Post attachments:    x
Post replies in any topic:   Allow
Post replies in own topics:    x
Post unapproved attachments:    x
Post unapproved replies in any topic:    x
Post unapproved replies in own topic:    x
Post unapproved topics:    x
reason_edit:    x
Remove any topic:    x
Report any post:   Allow
Send topics to friends:    x
Split any topics:    x
thank_you_post_post:    x
thank_you_post_show:    x
View attachments:   Allow

Second thing for the guest users only:

Access Moderation Center:    -
aeva_access:    -
aeva_add_playlists:    -
aeva_add_user_album:    -
aeva_moderate_own_albums:    -
aeva_search:    -
aeva_viewprofile:    -
allow_gmod_tag:    -
Edit any event:    -
Post events:    -
View events:   Allow
chat_access:    -
chat_mod:    -
Issue warnings:    -
Edit user karma:    -
Read personal messages:    -
Send personal messages:    -
Edit own additional options:    -
Edit own account settings:    -
Choose a remote avatar:    -
Select a server avatar:    -
Edit own custom title:    -
Upload an avatar:    -
View any profile:    -
View own profile:    -
Search for posts:    -
shout_access:    -
shout_mod:    -
shout_view:    -
View the memberlist:    -
View forum stats:    -
See who's online:    -

Guys,help please.Thank so much to gbsothere and other smf staff members,for helping.

xenovanis

Could you check the either in Admin -> Boards -> Category {Download} -> Modify or in Tiny Portal admin area to see if topicviews for that patricular category is somehow disabled for guests?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

milislav, before contacting anyone by PM asking for support, you might want to get back to your topic on the issue, and answer questions you might have been asked. 

Quote from: xenovanis on November 02, 2010, 04:43:25 PM
Could you check the either in Admin -> Boards -> Category {Download} -> Modify or in Tiny Portal admin area to see if topicviews for that patricular category is somehow disabled for guests?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

xenovanis

Meh. Thanks for the bump Lex :)

It must be a conflict of mods  causing this. I checked the files, the database, the permissions and settings for all mods and I can't find anything. The behaviour looks like the Look But No Read mod, but that's definitely not installed.

I noticed the Global Announcement mod being installed and the Global Announcements in all boards are readable by guests, but that's all. Every topic is off limits. The recent posts option is accessible by guests.

I'm stumped. If anyone else has an idea?

milislav

Lex,xenovanis,sorry about pm,i did not meen nothing bad.I'm just sad cause i'm not abble to do what i need.If you guys can'not solv these,what are you expecting from me to do?You are probably best expert's for smf on world,i'm just learning.Sorry once again.

xenovanis

I'd start by uploading a fresh set of files of the large upgradepackage for your version of SMF, to replace the existing files on server. Since there's no need to upgrade your forum at this point, you don't need to upload the file upgrade.php and the *.sql files.

This will uninstall all mods. After doing so, you could try reinstalling the mods one by one. After each install, check if the forum is still functioning correct.

Advertisement: