News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Package Manager Help!

Started by Engammalsko, October 21, 2010, 12:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engammalsko

Hi, I know there's a lot of topics about this... but nothing seems to work :(
I've downloaded and installed the forum today... the RC3 2.0 i think.

But I can't install packages :( I installed the forum with Swedish language but I've uninstalled the forum and installed it again but it didn't work... already when I installed the forum I knew that I need to make a Temp folder inside the Packages folder.
and also CHMOD som folders and files to 777. But nothing worked.

I installed SMF 2 last year and all the packages worked... But last year I used x10hosting and now i use frihost.
and It's nothing wrong with frihost or my MYSQL database.

In one of the topics about this problem I've found that I should just CHMOD the folders to 775 and all files to 644 i think maybe 664? And the Temp folder to 777. But it didn't work :(

I can upload all kind of packages. But can't install anything.
This is my error:
An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

And first time I tried SMF also said that I maybe don't have the permission to the files and need to CHMOD... -.-

Kindred

I suggest that you check with your host regarding chmod permissions and chown ownerships
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Engammalsko

wow, Thanks for the fast reply! :)
But do you think I'm able to install the mods manually? :)

I need to edit some codes in my ftp right? And if the mod description say's that I need to edit code in example english.php and the file does not exist. Then should I edit the file swedish.php if both the files are in the right folder and everything?

And I have ALL files. Nothing's missing :)))) But yeah, I'll check it out with frihost :D

Kindred

yes, by default most mods only install in English.   So, any English language file changes would be made to your Swedish language files instead (after translating)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: