News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Converting an intergrated database to SMF

Started by Hyperguy.net, July 01, 2005, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyperguy.net

Howdy.  My name is Hyperguy, and I manage Hyperguy.net.  I've heard a lot good things about SMF, and so far am impressed with many of it's features.

Right now I'd like to convert my forum from phpBB to SMF.  I think that sounds simple enough.

However, on my site I also have a Coppermine Photo Gallery, and the database it uses is intergrated with my forum's.  Basically how it works is that people who sign up for my forum can use their account on either the gallery or the forum, since it uses the same user table.

I'm worried that if I try converting my forum to SMF that my Coppermine Photo Gallery will stop working, or worse, the user tables would be split.  Is it possible to successfully convert from an intergrated phpBB to SMF, and once converted, are there steps that can be taken to ensure that SMF works properly with Coppermine and continues to share the same database for user information?

[Unknown]

Quote from: Hyperguy.net on July 01, 2005, 03:27:57 PM
However, on my site I also have a Coppermine Photo Gallery, and the database it uses is intergrated with my forum's.  Basically how it works is that people who sign up for my forum can use their account on either the gallery or the forum, since it uses the same user table.

I'm afraid I don't know much at all about the integration with Coppermine.  Have you tried asking at their forum?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: