News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help: Unable to load the 'GenericMenu' template!

Started by MF Tlaxcala, October 23, 2010, 08:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MF Tlaxcala

I was uploading Rank gifs to the "Image" folder in my database when i got this message in my Admin Panel:

I think that it has something to do with the menu buttons in my panel, because i don't see then..
I tried to replace the GenericMenu.template.php in the "Theme > Default" folder, but that also didn't work...

Any help is appreciated. ;D

gbsothere

Sometimes, it helps to go to Admin---> Forum Maintenance and empty the file cache after uploading a file.  Then force refresh the page.   (That's just been my experience.)

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

MF Tlaxcala

Quote from: gbsothere on October 23, 2010, 08:55:06 AM
Sometimes, it helps to go to Admin---> Forum Maintenance and empty the file cache after uploading a file.  Then force refresh the page.   (That's just been my experience.)

But... How can i do that if i even can't go to there.. I still says the same message everywhere on the Admin Panel. Further, i can't do anything on the Admin Panel then to look at that Generic Menu message..

Any ideas? :)

gbsothere

Quote from: MF Tlaxcala on October 23, 2010, 08:59:59 AMBut... How can i do that if i even can't go to there.. I still says the same message everywhere on the Admin Panel. Further, i can't do anything on the Admin Panel then to look at that Generic Menu message.. :)

Ah.... I'm still asleep.  *grin*

On your server, in your forum's folder is a folder "cache".  Open that and delete everything in it except for .htaccess and index.php and then try again.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

MF Tlaxcala

Yup, worked! ;)
I had lucky i had the old version of the "GenericMenu.template.php" because with the one from the install package didn't work. I empty the catch, placed the old "GenericMenu.template.php" back and it worked again.

Thank you, solved. ;D

gbsothere

Yes, a good "cache dump" never hurts!

Good to hear!   ;)

onion

hi,
i get the same message , but i don't have GenericMenu file ... what can I do to make this forum forks ?

thanks in advance.

Illori

please open a separate topic for your issue, this topic belongs to someone else and is marked solved. also please dont bump old topics.

onion

Advertisement: