News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

disable viewing of other user posts

Started by zaac, October 24, 2010, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaac

Hi new to smf.

how do i disallow the viewing of other members posts from guest and regular members.

Joker™

Are you talking of permanent hiding or a post should be approved by your staff first then only other users can see it (also known as post moderation).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

zaac

nooo... sorry for not asking clearly.

i want to disallow all members(except myself) to view other user profile and their previous posts. I want to retain absolute privacy for the forum.

Paul_Pauline

Errr, doesn't that mean you wouldn't then have a forum   :o

QuoteAn Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

zaac

The members could still post replies and start new topics and conduct a discussion.

However, I want to prevent them from checking out the "list" of posts that a particular member has previously made. ie, clicking onto their profile and clicking on the "view member's posts"

No sure if it is possible.

Paul_Pauline

In Admin > Permissions > Modify > Members Profiles > There are various options you can choose from !

However, there is nothing contained in the lists you want to disable that cannot be found just by looking through the various boards.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi zaac, do you still need assistance on this?

If you wish, you could simply remove the permisison to see other peoples profiles from everyone, but I'm unsure of why you would want to do this, since like Paul_Pauline said - you can't hide anything by stopping people from using the lists, since it would all still be on the forum for people to see.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: