How to remove this ?? Chatango box

Started by RoflGuy, October 24, 2010, 10:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoflGuy

guys , i handled my website for my friend because i was busy , and i seen him that putted a chatango chatbox but i wanna remove it now , how?!! pls help :!!

MF Tlaxcala

Quote from: killerftw on October 24, 2010, 10:44:10 AM
guys , i handled my website for my friend because i was busy , and i seen him that putted a chatango chatbox but i wanna remove it now , how?!! pls help :!!
Is it integrated with an Portal? And post the website then can i take a look. :)

Paul_Pauline

If you haven't modified the site in any other way, you could just overwrite your files with new ones from the 2.0 RC3 large upgrade pack.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

RoflGuy

Quote from: MF Tlaxcala on October 24, 2010, 10:46:37 AM
Is it integrated with an Portal? And post the website then can i take a look. :)
um , dunno about portal thing and the website is  :http://neon-community.co.cc

and if i tryed to edit it , it give me :
Unknown column '7_choice' in 'where clause'
File: /chroot/home/neoncomm/neon-community.co.cc/html/smf/Sources/TPmodules.php
Line: 753

RoflGuy

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on October 24, 2010, 10:50:33 AM
If you haven't modified the site in any other way, you could just overwrite your files with new ones from the 2.0 RC3 large upgrade pack.
like starting from all over?  but i only want the themes to get to the default not the topics /posts go away..

MF Tlaxcala

Quote from: killerftw on October 24, 2010, 10:51:45 AM

I can't access the site... Did you posted the URL correct?

RoflGuy

Quote from: MF Tlaxcala on October 24, 2010, 10:54:59 AM
Quote from: killerftw on October 24, 2010, 10:51:45 AM

I can't access the site... Did you posted the URL correct?
http://neon-community.co.cc/smf/index.php ??

Paul_Pauline

Overwriting the files on your server will return the forum to how it was when installed, it will not have any effect on the information stored in the database.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

MF Tlaxcala

I registered, but i can't discover where exactly that " chatango chatbox" is. Can you give me a bit more details?

EDIT: Is it the box on the page below? If so, go to your Admin Panel, go to the Tiny Portal Section. Then, go to the blocks section (or something, i don't have Tiny Portal). And remove the block from the page below. Or the content that the block contains if you have a php, html or bbcode block.

RoflGuy

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on October 24, 2010, 11:13:18 AM
Overwriting the files on your server will return the forum to how it was when installed, it will not have any effect on the information stored in the database.
sure can i have the way then?

RoflGuy

Quote from: MF Tlaxcala on October 24, 2010, 11:15:53 AM
I registered, but i can't discover where exactly that " chatango chatbox" is. Can you give me a bit more details?

EDIT: Is it the box on the page below? If so, go to your Admin Panel, go to the Tiny Portal Section. Then, go to the blocks section (or something, i don't have Tiny Portal). And remove the block from the page below. Or the content that the block contains if you have a php, html or bbcode block.
ye that box , and ye i got admin rights but cant see the tiny portal ur talkin about.. ?!

Paul_Pauline

Quote from: killerftw on October 24, 2010, 11:42:26 AM

From the SMF downloads page, grab a copy of the "2.0 RC3 large upgrade"

Save it to your PC, then unzip it, and use the files it contains to overwrite the files on your server using an ftp client.

This will restore your forum to a vanilla install of 2.0 RC3.

It will not effect your database in any way, your members, posts, etc, will all still be there.

MF Tlaxcala

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on October 24, 2010, 11:50:17 AM

Save it to your PC, then unzip it, and use the files it contains to overwrite the files on your server using an ftp client.

It will not effect your database in any way, your members, posts, etc, will all still be there.
That is also an option. The only thing is that you have to reinstall your mods again. I did the same before too. :)

RoflGuy

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on October 24, 2010, 11:50:17 AM

sorry for taking so long *sleep* ok , i downloaded that but wats ftp client? and where i get it? :x and is their a video tht show me how to do it

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Paul_Pauline

I would personally recommend "Filezilla" it's free and very easy to use.

The first thing you should do is change the default settings for file transfers from Auto to Binary, this is VERY important, leaving the default settings to auto can corrupt image files during the transfer process.

RoflGuy

Quote from: xenovanis on October 25, 2010, 05:03:21 AM
How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
Thanks really helped , still proceeding .. :)

Edit : cant kno how to use the ftp? i went to the package options and add the host name and username and port , but it still ask for password? which isnt at options?

MF Tlaxcala

Quote from: killerftw on October 25, 2010, 10:31:57 AM
[Solved]
Right then! ;) Make sure you also "mark" the thread as solved by clicking on the first post message icon, and click then on the icon.

RoflGuy

Quote from: MF Tlaxcala on October 25, 2010, 10:40:31 AM
Quote from: killerftw on October 25, 2010, 10:31:57 AM
[Solved]
Right then! ;) Make sure you also "mark" the thread as solved by clicking on the first post message icon, and click then on the icon.
u got it , btw u got steam? or msn?

MF Tlaxcala

Quoteu got it , btw u got steam? or msn?
Some you are the one the send my an e-mail about it.. I have msn. :)

RoflGuy

Quote from: MF Tlaxcala on October 25, 2010, 12:35:25 PM
Quoteu got it , btw u got steam? or msn?
Some you are the one the send my an e-mail about it.. I have msn. :)
just add me , cuz on forums it doesnt show the msn email..

Advertisement: