News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to add make post subject/date full width of post?

Started by Plutuss, October 26, 2010, 08:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutuss

Essentially I want to move '.postarea div.flow_hidden' to the top of the post, taking up the full width, so everything else is below it (even the poster area). I'm not good at positioning css and was hoping someone here might help.

I already have the signatures as pictured, and so I want the top part to match (because as it is now, subject lines frequently become two lines and lead to unpretty results).

I am using SMF 2 RC 3, Curve theme.

A mock-up of my ideal result:

floridaflatlander

I think you can go to the Display.template.php
Cut the id keyinfo div and paste below the class post_wrapper
Make sure you make a copy of  Display.template.php before you start just in case you mess up
also you can go to index css and play with the keyinfo class maybe try a width of 70 or 80% or so, its default is 50, you may have to leave it at that.

I think that will work

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Plutuss

No, it just scrunched everything up in a (2nd) column flush to the right of .poster, with the signature becoming a new third column.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: