News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installing SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by iBuG, October 27, 2010, 11:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iBuG

Hehe , im trying to install SMF 2.0 rc3 but i cannot it gives me error .
Critical Error!
The installer has detected another version of SMF already installed with the specified information. If you are trying to upgrade, you should use the upgrader, not the installer.

Otherwise, you may wish to use different information, or create a backup and then delete the data currently in the database.

Im not upgrading im downloaded the full instal from official site.

I have tryied install smf 1.1.11 and everything is OK , after i have deleted the files from FTP and updated from FTP the 2.0.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/46/6522746/html/install.php on line 1303

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/46/6522746/html/install.php on line 1305

Illori

are you using the same database as you used to try smf 1.1.11? if so try a clean fresh database.

iBuG

Quote from: illori on October 27, 2010, 11:10:20 AM
are you using the same database as you used to try smf 1.1.11? if so try a clean fresh database.

Yeeah , ok i will try it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You cannot install on top of another installation, so you at least need to use different prefix for the database.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: