Database woes.

Started by trilap5e, October 28, 2010, 01:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trilap5e

I just recently had to create a new .MYD file for the database table smf_personal_messages, mine somehow got corrupted. so on top of losing all my forums pms, people who had multiple pages of pms are still showing the page numbers but of course, no messages. i've tried running the routine maintenance scripts to fix the error with no luck. i've also tried a couple of phpmyadmin fixes for wrong number of unread and deleted messages to no avail. where is the message/page count stored for each user in the database and is there a way for me to reset it? i've looked everywhere, i'm stuck. any light you can shed on the subject would be awesome. thanks for your time.

_Ryan

xenovanis

This should kill the statistics  ;) Note, this will reset the number of personal messages to 0 for all members. If they already have any messages, it will still show as zero in their profile.

UPDATE `smf_members` SET `instant_messages` ='0' , `unread_messages` = '0'

What is phpMyAdmin?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

trilap5e

i tried this on my personal account (before nuking everyones stats). i had received 2 pms so i set instant_messages to 2 and unread to 0. saved, logged out and back in and the forum is still showing that i have 8 pages of messages... also re-ran the maintenance tasks... think it could be a template problem?

xenovanis

In your routine maintenance, did you include emptying the cache files?

To find out if it's a template issue, temporary switch to the default theme and see if it happens there as well.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

trilap5e

i did clean the cache and switched to the core template and the multiple pages are still showing...

xenovanis

Are there any results if you do a "Find and repair errors"?

trilap5e

Quote from: xenovanis on October 28, 2010, 02:55:16 AM
Are there any results if you do a "Find and repair errors"?

nope. says there are none and thanks me for checking! ;) is the page count generated somewhere other than the total number of instant messages?

trilap5e

i now also have the problem with anyone over the new pm limit showing that they're mailbox is full and can't receive pms... help!

xenovanis

Not sure if it works, but try truncating the smf2_pm_recipients table and perform a full routine maintenance once you're done.

trilap5e

i'll give that a shot. that table shows that there is over 100k records. worth a try!

trilap5e

i think that did it. going to let the hounds free and see what happens. thanks for your help.

xenovanis

Good. I'll mark this solved then :)

Advertisement: