News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Says upload file not writable 2.0RC3

Started by shed, October 28, 2010, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shed

Can upload avitars or attatchments as it says attatchment folder not writable but ive set it to 777 lots of times and it still wont have it. Any ideas what to do next?

thanks

gbsothere

You can try a few things, Shed...

It may be that your path to the attachments folder is wrong.  You can upload the attached repair_settings.php file to your forum's main folder on your server and point your browser to it (put your forum's URL in your browser and add /repair_settings.php). Click each link to conform your settings, paths and URLs to what is suggested.  Save your changes and be sure to remove the file from your server when done.  This may straighten it out.

If that doesn't sort it, try 755 for permissions, since some servers do not allow 777.  If you're still having problems, ask your server to verify whether or not you have actual "ownership" of your files and directories.  If you do not, they will need to help you "chown" to regain ownership.  When that is done, try setting permissions again.

But, hopefully, trying the repair_settings.php first will sort it.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: