Modifying little vars

Started by Grump, July 02, 2005, 01:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grump

Hi, I've installed SMF under Mambo and modifying the SMF theme. Since it's built within the portal, I'm trying to minimize everything within the smf. So I need help with...
1. I've search for hours, but I can't find where it displays the text "Last post on -date-, -time- in -thread- by -user-" (code wise, it is found on index page). I'm trying to modify that line so make it shorter. --> For example. having it display "-thread- by -user-" only.

2. Also the location of where it displays... "-date-, -time- by -user-" in thread list.

3. In viewing post, all themes seem to display the user information on the left side. I want to edit so that it goes on top, similar to title and post info.

If anyone could just point to me where they could be found. I would be greatful. Thank you!

[Unknown]

Quote from: Grump on July 02, 2005, 01:50:16 PM
1. I've search for hours, but I can't find where it displays the text "Last post on -date-, -time- in -thread- by -user-" (code wise, it is found on index page). I'm trying to modify that line so make it shorter. --> For example. having it display "-thread- by -user-" only.

BoardIndex.template.php.  How do I modify files?  Search for:

['time']

Quote2. Also the location of where it displays... "-date-, -time- by -user-" in thread list.

MessageIndex.template.php.

Quote3. In viewing post, all themes seem to display the user information on the left side. I want to edit so that it goes on top, similar to title and post info.

There are topics about this, but all you really need to do is edit Display.template.php and move HTML around.

-[Unknown]

smartForum.ca

Does any one know how to do numbers 2 and 3?

Thanks

Advertisement: