[SMF Converter] Vanilla 2

Started by Nibogo, October 31, 2010, 01:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedole

Hello, i have problem with converter. When i have entered all, i click on Continue and i have a white page.
In this white page, if i refresh, i have :

Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... can you help me please ?

Thanks you and sorry for my english ^^

aniraangel

Quote from: kjaonline on December 25, 2011, 06:40:18 AM
Hello I'm getting this error.
Notice: Use of undefined constant PATH_LOCAL_CACHE - assumed 'PATH_LOCAL_CACHE' in /home/kjalcord/public_html/tipidcdo.com/conf/config-defaults.php on line 26

I'm getting this error as well.

zedole

Hello,

I have put in my FTP this files : convert.php and vanilla_to_smf.sql and when i put in Google Chrome : hxxp:www.lapinscannibales.com/smf/convert.php [nonactive] i have an error 500. Please, can you help me ? Thank you :)

JoZ3

Someone know the solution for this error

Converting members... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_board)

Vanilla forum version 2.0.18.4

neurofuzzy

I ran into this problem as well. You probably have orphaned comments - comments that have a DiscussionID that no longer matches a discussion.

You'll need to edit your Vanilla database to delete all comments that have a discussion id that no longer exists in the discussions table

bozhidarc

In 'vanilla2_to_smf.sql'

$rows[] = array(
   'id_first_msg' => $row['modified_time'],
   'id_last_msg' => $row['modified_time'],
);

The id for first and last message is set to the modified time. Why is that?

1Chope

I am currently getting this error
Converting boards...Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'
I run this query DELETE FROM GDN_User WHERE UserID = 1;
but it doesn't solve the problem, anyone here got an idea?

piotao

Hello, me too have this problem:

Converting...
Converting boards...Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

I've changed ID of GDN_User first record from 1 to 2, still the same error! Please HELP!

Vanilla: 2.0.18.4 (copied from production server after year of usage)
SMF: 2.0.4 (latest, empty, just installed)
apache2, linux os, etc. quite normal and working, php5, mysql5 of course.

I'm scratching my head. Please help!

piotao

I deleted the first and single entry from smf_boards table and it went to the end, failing on recalc. Anyway, all data seems to be in place, the only problem is I can't login to the forum now :)

piotao

Now I'm totally lost.

I've done the conversion and it went fine, the only problem was during reindexing at the end - duplicate key, etc. So, in another post I found an advice that renumbering forum will help. I did it, but some posts did not show.

I have all data in database, but topic with 102 replies is not showing up. This is the record from topics table:
id_topic    is_sticky    id_board    id_first_msg    id_last_msg    id_member_started    id_member_updated    id_poll    id_previous_board    id_previous_topic    num_replies    num_views    locked    unapproved_posts    approved
       230    0    1    1371109339    1371109339    65    65    0    0    0    102    3    0    0    1

and in messages table there there are 103 records with this topic_id. But in forum they DO NOT SHOW at all, and this is common for a lot of another topic. Please advice or help what to do. I have a direct access to the database by phpmyadmin and ssh shell. I can also run some programs on the server directly. HOW TO repair this? Maybe some dates are wrong?

Jovaan

Hello,

I've tried to convert from Vanilla2 to SMF, and i get this error message:

Converting topics...The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_topic

I've checked database, and that value "id_topic" exists, does any one knows what is happening?

Burke ♞ Knight

Is there a way to remove the converting of the members, and just do everything else?
I have run the converter once, and right after members, it locked up.
The member base is there, so would like to run rest without doing members again.

margarett

It should be possible. The converters are run step-by-step so should be able to bypass one or several of them ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MasterOne

Because that converter is not working for Vanilla 2.1.x, I have started a new thread for a Vanilla 2.1.x converter here. It's almost working, except the initial posting of every thread is missing. I'm not a coder and I don't really have a lot of insight here, so any help is highly appreciated.

Valeriane

Hi, i got this error => Notice: Use of undefined constant PATH_LOCAL_CACHE - assumed 'PATH_LOCAL_CACHE'

margarett

I don't find that constant in this convert.php...

NEvertheless, that's a notice, it shouldn't cause the converter to stop working...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Valeriane

ok I find out the solution according to you answers, thanks!

parthans

Hi guys,

I have a bluehost account and the auto installer has created two different sets of db for the vanilla forum and the SMF.

I am trying to migrate from Vanilla to SMF - how do I effect this transfer?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Partha

margarett

We usually don't recommend to use auto installers because we don't know how they modify the default installation so some issues might arise.
In any case, having 2 databases is not a problem. You just need to make sure that SMF's MySQL user can access Vanilla's database to read the values. And that's it ;)
Converting to SMF

parthans

OK - so I sorted out the DB issue - but now I am stuck at this despite adding the code you suggested. What else do I need to do?

Quote from: ThorstenE on February 03, 2011, 01:36:05 PM
in vanilla2_to_smf.sql find:
$row['date_registered'] = strtotime($row['date_registered']);
add after:
//no regdate? let's create one..
if(empty($row['date_registered']))
    $row['date_registered'] = mktime();

Advertisement: