News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stuck In Maintenance Mode

Started by Skooby2010, October 31, 2010, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skooby2010

Hiya,

My first problem was that when logged into my SMF Forum, the drop down boxes weren't working, for example, if I hovered over 'Profile' on the menu bar, the box would appear were the menu should be, but it was empty, although you could click on the menu items you couldnt see.

I thought it may have been a theme problem, and as the forum is active, I put the site into maintenance mode to change the theme. Anyway, now I cant get back into the forum admin - I login fine, then click 'Admin' and it takes me back to the login page!

Ive tried going into Settings.php and changing $maintenance to 1, 2 and 3, and I still cant get in.

Any ideas? or do I just need to take the drastic measure of deleting the whole forum and starting from scratch?

Thanks

Paul_Pauline

Have you just installed a new theme ?

Try this it may get you in  ............

In the address bar enter http:// yoursitesname.com/index.php?theme=1

This should force the default theme to load, assuming you haven't put the site in maintenance mode.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Skooby2010

Thanks for your reply....I have put the site into maintenance mode :(

xenovanis

Skooby2010, do you still need help with this?

Have you tried running repair_settings? Upload that file to your forum location and run it from there (like: http://www.yoursite.com/forum/repair_settings.php).

Click all blue links to correct paths and urls and don't forget to save!

What is repair_settings.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: