News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Candidate 4 and SMF 1.1.12 have been released

Started by Norv, November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

For some reason the default theme looks width/fluid when upgrading.

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Fustrate

As I recall, there was a database change, a simple theme setting. Lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: Got it ;)

INSERT INTO {$db_prefix}themes
    (id_theme, variable, value)
VALUES
    (1, 'forum_width', '90%')

DirtRider: I believe the info in the "current version" area is cached so it doesn't hit the SM.org servers every page load. You can either clear the cache dir manually, or wait for it to become stale.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

willemjan

~DS~

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin's Black Cat on November 02, 2010, 02:38:07 AM
As I recall, there was a database change, a simple theme setting. Lemme see if I can find it.

VALUES

When I run the query I get:
Quote#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$db_prefix}themes (id_theme, variable, value) VALUES (1, 'forum_widt' at line 1
Whatever that means. :P
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Illori

Quote from: ~Alex~ on November 02, 2010, 03:01:48 AM

VALUES

Quote#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$db_prefix}themes (id_theme, variable, value) VALUES (1, 'forum_widt' at line 1

replace {$db_prefix}themes with your prefix to your database and run it again, a lot of people use smf_ as their prefix.

Powerbob

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Masterd

Nice work!. I will update my mods as soon as posssible! :D

JPA

As above, so below.

Antes

Congrats

Last steps for Gold :) - I'm very proud being a translator in this project !

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Illori on November 02, 2010, 06:15:56 AM
Quote from: ~Alex~ on November 02, 2010, 03:01:48 AM

VALUES

replace {$db_prefix}themes with your prefix to your database and run it again, a lot of people use smf_ as their prefix.

Alternately you can change it from the theme settings... Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Theme Settings, click on the theme name
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Fussilet

OnlineFunCorner

Lolafish

AquaPuppies - A Goldfish Community
www.aquapuppies.com

Running SMF 2.0.2 & SimplePortal 2.3.5

Burridge

Sincere

Quote from: DiGiTaLBoY07 on November 01, 2010, 02:54:25 PM
Thanks SMF Team ! :D

Now I'm even more unsure if making a forum with SMF 1.1.12 or RC4 :D

the same way I am REALLY hesitant whether to upgrade to version 2 RC or stay with version 1

I wish I knew everything that allows me to take this decision.

Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

Advertisement: