2.0 RC3 to 2.0 RC4

Started by mashby, November 01, 2010, 08:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mashby

Tried uploading the update package. Got this message:
QuoteAlthough the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.
CHModded the Packages directory and temp directory to 777. Didn't work. Followed 1 through 4. Got the same message above. Noticed this message (that likely needs to be updated):
QuoteUsing modifications, or not using SMF 2.0 RC2? No problem, this is what you need.
Did all of the above and got the same results. Two mods are:
1.   Users Online Today   1.5.6
2.   AjaxChat Integration   3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3)

Any ideas? I've seen in the announcement that other users are having no issues at all. I also don't see any notices in my Administration Center other than this bit:
QuoteVersion Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0 RC3
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0 RC4
I updated my main site from 1.1.11 to 1.1.12 with no issues at all.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Jntg4

It isn't a package.  The update and upgrade are both all the files.  You extract them upload the files to the forum dir and run upgrade.php or update.php or whatever.
Free Domain Name: http://www.co.cc/?id=167358

Road Rash Jr.

Also be prepared for most if not all your installed mods to be uninstalled. When re-installing mods you may have to use the advanced option and emulate SMF 2.0 RC3. Otherwise you may get errors on the install.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

mashby

Ah ok...obviously I'm not very verse in 2.0! Love how the upgrade thing works. Reminds me of installing. Also, love the Douglas Adams reference during Step 4. I'm all set now! Thanks for the help!
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: