News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can I do small update and keep packages with RC4?

Started by oOo--STAR--oOo, November 02, 2010, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oOo--STAR--oOo

Can I upgrade from RC3 TO RC4 with a small update and keep all my packages?
Thanks in advance.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Kill Em All

No, unfortunately, you will lose all of them because you are replacing all  your files with a fresh set.

Sorry.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

TurtleKicker

This is one of the downsides of using a release candidate/beta. We're already now seeing a flood of users who ignored this or were never told when they were told to "just use RC3" anytime they complained about 2.0 not being released yet.

I'm sorry if you weren't told this when you installed RC3. There was much neglect in mentioning this caveat every time RC3 was recommended to a user.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Thanks for the feed back..
I guess I will have to set up a test site and run all the packages and what ever else on there 1st before porting everything to my main domain.. GRR. lOl...
Takes a while todo..

Is it imperative that I update OR do you think It would be best to wait for gold now?
I am comfortable with RC3 @ the moment.. I don't have any issues with it and everything is setup nice and cosy.
No major security risks is there, that makes it so I have to update.
So should I just wait for Gold now?
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

MaXiForum.cz

Advertisement: