News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Are displayed child boards part of RC3 now?

Started by Spacecadet, November 02, 2010, 11:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacecadet

I posted a problem in here a while back asking how to get rid of the child boards that the Alias mod installed. Nobody could help me so I deleted the entire forum and started over again. Imagine my shock when i saw the child boards on the screen!!!!! Is this part of the updated version of RC3 now? How do I get rid of them? They are making my life hell!!!!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Excuse me? Which child boards? What where? o_O

Could you give us a link to see, or at least link to the topic you referred to?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Spacecadet

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Child boards have been displayed like that forever. 1.1 does it, 2.0 does it. It all depends on the theme actually, but you will see child boards are visible here as well.

If you wish to remove the boards, or move them to a different location you can do that through the admin control panel.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Spacecadet

So strange I run 2 other SMF forums and never saw this before unless i specifically installed the Alias mod. Thanks Guys.

Spacecadet

I see so it's not a setting it's a script edit. Does this mean I will have to edit my Theme that I'm using or just the main index file? Hmmmm lets see.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you would you want to hide them from the index completely, and leave them only visible within the parent board, you would need to edit the theme you are using (or curve) or use another theme that doesn't show them. I don't think there is any easier way to be honest.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Spacecadet

Having problems. I'm using the edit that was recommended in that thread you showed me but it keeps crashing the forum, i think something is different in the theme that I'm using. The strange part is that the code in my theme matches exactly what he said to remove.

Spacecadet

Advertisement: