Error in package uninstallation

Started by Harry33, November 03, 2010, 04:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry33

Hi, I use Ad Managment  2.3.6.2, for a while now, the mod is't working well. when I try uninstalling the mod, the following errors occured
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
      4.    Replace    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
*    4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
*    5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test successful
*    6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
*    7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful

How can I remove the ad mod completely without crashing my forum since it has refuse to uninstall via the package manager, I repaired the broken files, but the problem remained unsolved. Thanks...

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Have you recently updated your forum, or installed other mods after that one?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Harry33

Quote from: LexArma on November 03, 2010, 04:41:24 AM
Have you recently updated your forum, or installed other mods after that one?
Yes I have couple of other mods installed after it, but I not updated from rc3 to rc4

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is possible that those mod installs you did after this one causes the errors.
Now, as I see you might have two ways to solve this

1) Uninstall all mods installed after this one, in reverse of the same order they were installed in the first place, and then try again.

2) Do a large upgrade to RC4, which would effectivily uninstall ALL mods you have, and update the forum - after which you would be free to reinstall mods you may still wish to use.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Harry33

Hmm Upgrading to RC4 means all this edits www. will go and i start afresh. I choose this theme basically because of its color, what is the easiest way to copy the CSS files controlling the color over to SMF default theme, and that way upgrading would be a big deal and a pain in the ass. Thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sorry to say, but such is the scenario with RC releases, since there are no package manager updates for them.

But upgrading should not remove the theme, since the upgrade only touches the default themes,
and after upgrading you would ofcourse be able to reinstall mods and themes if they support RC4.

Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Harry33

Ok I try uninstaling the mods in their reverse order but two other mods also alerted for errors. What if I just delete and uninstall every mod like that, will my forum crash?. I don't want to do upgrade now. Thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Well, before trying anything like that - I would advice you to take a look at the manual install instruction found from the mods download page. You might be able to uninstall the mod just fine, by first uninstalling it through the package manager even though it gives errors, and making note of all the files that failed(!) and then manually uninstalling the modifications from those files.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Harry33

my version of ad mod 2.3.6.2 is no longer in the smf mod download page. What should i do?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you have the installation package still on your server, it actually holds the same information in a little less readable form in one of the files in the package, but you could still see if you can make it out from there.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Harry33

The packages ad management mod and googad mod has been deleted from admin and server but trying to install a fresh copy of them still prompt for Error in package installation page. Please what is the solution. Thanks

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Simply deleting the packages does not uninstall them - did you get them uninstalled before you deleted them?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Harry33

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

And now you are trying to install a new version? What errors do you get exactly this time?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Harry33

Quote from: LexArma on November 08, 2010, 05:13:05 AM
And now you are trying to install a new version? What errors do you get exactly this time?
Thanks Lex, these are the latest error trying to install the latest ad management mod.

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

1. Execute Code install.php 
2. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./index.php Test successful
  2. Add After ./index.php Test successful
  3. Add After ./index.php Test successful

3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./Sources/Admin.php Test successful
  2. Add After ./Sources/Admin.php Test successful

4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  1. Replace ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  2. Add After ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  3. Add After ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  4. Add After ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  5. Add Before ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful

5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test failed
  1. Add Before ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
  2. Add After ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test failed

6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
  2. Replace ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
  3. Replace ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful

7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
  2. Add After ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful

8. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful

9. Extract File ./Sources/Ads.php 
10. Extract File ./Sources/LoadAds.php 
11. Extract File ./Themes/default/Ads.template.php 
12. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english.php 
13. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Ads.english-utf8.php

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It would seem you probably have some mod that has already modified ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php so that the mod install now can't find the exact part of the file it is trying to modify.

You could possibly install the mod anyway, and make the failed edits to that file manually.

What mods do you have installed at the moment?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Harry33

At the moment, the following are the mods present in my package viz;

BxK's WAP Mod      1.3.5,    Posting_Announcement     2.0,        Additional Home page Title | S-Ace     3.0,        Register At Post View v.1     1.0 ,   

But Installing GoogAd mod v1.1, in addition to the unsolved problem above showed error in this two files as followed

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageSettings.php     Test failed

2.     Add After     ./Sources/ManageSettings.php     Test failed

This two mods admanagement mod and the GoogAd mod are the terrorist in my forum..... thanks..

Deaks

Harry33 do you still need assistance, have you tried making the changes manually?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: