News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Menu Items by Permissions Groups

Started by inflatablemouse, November 05, 2010, 05:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inflatablemouse

Hi,

I am running a test with SMF 2.0 RC4 with PortaMx v0.990 and Inferno theme by Dziner Studio.

The site is supposed to become a private community site that requires registration and special group membership which has to be approved by an admin/moderator.

I can close off different parts like forum, calender members list etc but the Menu always shows Forum, Help, Search, Calender, Login, Register (and Gallery once I install that too :P ).

I really like to clean this up. Login/Register is shown 3 times already (on the right of the banner, in the User Block from PortaMX and menu). I can remove the User Box for guests and since Login/Register is provided next to the Banner I want Login/Register removed from the menu as well.

All other Items like Forum, Search and Calender (and soon Gallery) should not be shown to guests but based on group permissions I set in Security.

So what I would really like is a way to hide and show menu items based on group permissions. This would be way too much coding for me as I am not a php programmer so I am looking for an addon that provides that functionality. Is this possible? I've been browsing through packages but so far I have not found something.

I'm not dead set on PortaMX, if there is another Portal that allows for this I can swap over to another one, as long as the portal inherits theme settings and does not require its own themes.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers.

Illori

you could attach your Sources/Subs.php file to your next post and explain which items in the menu you wish you have VISIBLE and which permission [if they are member in general or which permission exactly] and someone can easily do the edits for you.

for the link to calendar, it only shows to those that have permission to view the calendar.
links to login should only show to guests, as well as register.
depending on your gallery mod, it can be restricted to those allowed to view the downloads section.

Jade Elizabeth

I'm just here cause menu editing interests me. If you need help Illori I'm available :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

inflatablemouse

Oke, I feel silly. I went through the permissions again and appearently I hadn't saved my changes.

After setting it again the menu items dissapear.

All is good :) If only all problems were this easy huh ;)

Illori

glad you were able to solve your problems.

Jade Elizabeth

Ha ha :D.

You arent the only one to do that!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: