News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

When Posting with the "degrees" "°" symbol...

Started by GohighVoltage, November 05, 2010, 10:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GohighVoltage

It cuts the post off / deletes all the text after the "degrees" symbol.   

For example,  I posted a text block with 12°F (-11°C),  and everything was there up to 12,  then everything else deleted.

It shows ok in preview,  but when you "post"  it deleted the degree "°" symbol and everything after it.

I post this:
TIP: With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12°F (-11°C) and will expand.

And the only thing that will show up on the post is:

TIP: With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12

Any idea why?

I went into the database directly,  on that message that got cut off and inserted:

"With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12°F (-11°C) and will expand"

And then when I go back to the forum the message is displayed as:

TIP:With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12°F (-11°C) and will expand.

And if I try to modify it,  it deletes the degree symbol and everything after again??

ARG01

Are you posting in a topic or or in an HTML form?   If HTML did you try using ° or ° ? ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

GohighVoltage

ARG01

Ok, I also tried in a topic but had the same results as you. Sorry.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

AndreT

I'm unsure though it sounds relevant: what character set are you using?

GohighVoltage

I am just using the english language and character set.

So is this a bug of some sort?    Hopefully fixable?

GohighVoltage

GohighVoltage

Can other people post this statement in their forum,  as a test message,  and let me know if it works (shows everything and correctly,  and what version SMF you are running?)

TIP: With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12°F (-11°C) and will expand.

ARG01

I posted it and it came out:

SMF RC3 with Simple Portal.

;)

GohighVoltage

G1,  So you don't have the same issue?  I thought you said you did.   When I post that statement,  it only shows:

TIP: With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12

Deaks

With colder weather coming, keep in mind that DEF behaves like water and will freeze at 12°F (-11°C) and will expand.

working fine for me here and on my site does this still happen on your forum?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: