News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Font sizes, colors, and fonts

Started by Holly, July 03, 2005, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holly

I see i can add a color to the change color drop down, but when adding the color thename doesnt appear on the list.  How Do I add its name?

Also, can I add more font sizes as well as different font faces?

thanks for your help!

xenovanis

Quote from: Holly on July 03, 2005, 12:49:38 PM
I see i can add a color to the change color drop down, but when adding the color thename doesnt appear on the list.  How Do I add its name?

You'll need to add an extra line in Post.english.php, referring to the textstring you used to add the color, something like:

Post.template.php

<option value="color">', $txt['customcolor'], '</option>

Post.english.php

$txt['customcolor'] = 'color';
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Holly

OK That I understand.. But what is the number for? The first time I tried to do it.. I used the number 276 I think.. But we can just say that number as example..

When I looked at the color in the drop down it was called *disable smilies* Which I knew it was refered to by the number.. How do I know what number to call it?

xenovanis

It doesn't need a number. Using something like 'customcolor' or 'pink' is just fine. So, let's say pink is the color you want to add and this is what you added in Post.template.php:

<option value="#FF3399">', $txt['pink'], '</option>

Then this is what you should add in Post.english.php, or maybe even better, in Modifications.english.php:

$txt['pink'] = 'Pink';

If you look in Post.index.php you'll see that 276 refers to: disable smileys

$txt[276] = 'Disable Smileys';
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Holly

This may be a silly question... but I dont see a post_english.php in my files

xenovanis

It's in /Themes/default/languages

Ofcourse, if you use another language you should change it there as well.

Advertisement: