[WIP] Cataclysm Theme

Started by Kasp, November 06, 2010, 05:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasp

Hello People,

Due to the fact i could not find any good cataclysm themes for SMF i decided to do a conversion of a Joomla Theme. This was a free theme located here

http://www.game-template.com/joomla-wow/29-wow-cataclysm-template-with-flash-header [nofollow]

However i am unsure on the rules and regulations on doing something like this? What are the steps required to allow the duplication of someone Else's theme onto a different platform?

I am aware that i should put a link to the original theme in the footer of the site however are there any other steps that should be done? I really don't want to stick a site template up taking credit for the work when actually all the graphics etc where not done by me at all!!

A little help would be great

I have added an attachment of the theme so you can see that it is a direct conversion

Thanks in advance

NanoSector

:o

It's GREAT!

Too bad I can't use it...my forum isn't hardcore :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ltdeta

fine!

i have not so many time but if you need help contact me
maybe i can help ;)

ARG01

@ Kasp, it is always a good idea to request allowance from the original theme designer/author if you have plans to convert and offer the finished product for distribution. If you do not plan on distributing it and use it only for your own site then a footer link is usually good enough, as long as the original author is acknowledged for their work.

Btw, nice work.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

AllanD

looks great so far can't wait to see the finished product
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

mikewho3

Is this theme available yet?
it looks amazing and I would love to use it on my forum.   SMF really needs more WoW:cataclysm themes what with the expansion coming out Dec 7th

Deaks

the theme is under Creative Commons Attribution 3 license

QuoteAll publications in LernVid.com, unless marked otherwise fall under the license Creative Commons Attribution 3.0. 
This means that you must attribute the theme in the way the original author asks

QuoteUnder the following conditions:

Namensnennung — Sie müssen den Namen des Autors/Rechteinhabers in der von ihm festgelegten Weise nennen. Attribution - You must name the author or licensor in the manner specified by him call the.

Die von uns festgelegte Weise für unsere Namensnennung ist der Backlink im Footer . Which we set for our way of attribution is the link in the footer. Dieser darf nicht entfernt werden. This may not be removed.
Hinweise im Footer wie "Designed by" dürfen gerne erweitert oder farblich angepasst werden solange der Backlink zu Lernvid.com unberührt bleibt. Information in the footer as "Designed by" welcome to be extended or adjusted color as long as the link to Lernvid.com remains unaffected.

simply if we remove the german you must add "Designed by Lernvid.com" in the footer of the theme and the link also must remain.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kasp

Aw thanks for looking into this Runic, I will make sure i add what is needed at the footer of the template,

Also just a few pics for updates to show progress

Hopefully should be finished soon

mikewho3

Gotta give them credit, the original looks amazing.

But your doing a awesome job making it work for SMF too!

You know that every wow guild that uses SMF is going to have this as their theme now lol.

ltdeta

good job!

i hope the length of the guild name background image  can be adapted ;)

mikewho3

I saw the original Joomla Theme, it comes with a blank image you can edit to put your guild name in, you would have to photoshop it yourself.
You could increase the size of the box for the name, but the flash part that goes over the image makes the box flash gold every few seconds and it would look funny with only say, half of the new box flashing.

dcwarcraft

Any update on this theme? Looking good. would love to see final product

rowdog

Any news on a link for the .zip. Its looking very nice. Wd

Kasp

Hello All

Firstly i have to apologise i was hoping to have something complete for you by the time Cat was released, however other commitments have stopped me achieving this.

I hope to finish this soon however at present the time i have to commit to it is rather limited..

I have attached a zip of the work i have done so far, in the hope that people with more time can either fix the bugs i have not yet been able to and finish of the areas that i have yet to complete.

Apologies

Hope to get back working on it soon

mikewho3

BUMP

Wondered how it's going Kasp?

Masterd

ltdeta

Masterd

Hasta La Vista

I think the theme is very professional but only good for a game categorized forum.

MrGrumpy

Quote from: Hasta La Vista on March 31, 2011, 11:42:01 AM
I think the theme is very professional but only good for a game categorized forum.

Well that kind of goes without saying as it is based on the World of Warcraft Cataclysm Game
the possession of knowledge is worthless unless imparted upon others
My Custom Themes
2.0 themes only - I don't do 1.1.x

Advertisement: