Best way to upgrade from RC2 to RC4?

Started by trekkie2444, November 06, 2010, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekkie2444

I have a few custom themes and about 20 mods that I would rather not have to do through and recode (not sure what effect it has) but how do I install it? Do I just upload the new files over my existing ones and then run the upgrade.php script? Will I have to redownload all of my mods? Sorry, the upgrade help page is a bit vague.

Norv

You will have to reinstall all mods, yes.
If you already have compatible versions of the mods, you don't need to re-download them. Though for RC versions it is quite possible they changed version themselves, to be compatible, so it's much better if you do check yourself their respective page on the customize site, and re-download them (and upload them in your forum's Packages folder).

Indeed, you install the upgrade itself as you said: just upload the files in the upgrade archive over your existing ones and run upgrade.php.
Please make sure you make a database backup first, though.

The custom themes will remain, they won't be overwritten. However, it is again possible that they have been updated themselves as well, by their authors, to be compatible with the next RC versions. It may be much better to check the themes site as well, to make sure you have the latest version of them.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: