News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Question about SMF/TinyPortal and directory locations.

Started by FastRobot, November 06, 2010, 09:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastRobot

Okay, let me give you a quick rundown of what I am looking to do, and what I have done so far.

First, I installed SMF2.0 RC3 a month ago, and uploaded it to mydomain/forums.

The overall web address of the forums is now mydomain/forums. I just installed TinyPortal and put it in the forums directory as I was told to do so. Now when I load the TinyPortal section its mydomain/forums/index.php

I would like to have TinyPortal load directly from the root directory ie: mydomain/index.php and then when you click "forums" it can be mydomain/index.php?action=forum

Is there a way to move the entire forum directly in to the root directory without having to edit the SQL manually, OR can I install TinyPortal directly into the root and have it point to the forums when I click the forums link. (Note, that my forums are set to a theme I modified as well as the TinyPortal)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Kris

Kill Em All

Just move all the files over, then use this tool to fix all the file paths, you may need to reset custom theme file paths through the SMF admin control panel.
What is repair_settings.php?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: