News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

My language error it changed to be ???? symbol pls help

Started by amopro, November 07, 2010, 01:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amopro

After I did a big mistaken upgrade to 2.0rc4 by full pack with innocent I correct an error but my language gone it changed to be ?????? symbol I can change it back. If some one know pls kindly help :'(

kat

Do the files for your language exist, in the default theme's "languages" directory?

kat

amopro

Yes I use Filezilla and it read able before I did error update

amopro

after I realize that I did upload wrongly package I know that my "Settings.php" was overwritten then I did change it manually and download correct upgrade package and compare which files are different then I deleted it from my server.   

kat

Filezilla has a bug in it, I'm afraid.

You have to set "Transfers" to "binary", NOT "auto".

Try setting that and reuploading those files.

amopro

FYI: I using utf-8 char and the word that changed to be ???? it on my server in my database. I wonder that when I upload full package it may have something overwritten my previous file and may effected my setting character set or not? 

kat

It's at times, like this, where we ask "Did you backup, before you upgraded?" and, usually, we get the answer "No", sadly.

amopro

That mean I can't change it back right? but can you help me to identify where i can find database connection query? I think it is occur by the connection between mysql and some script. Or possible if I down grade the problem will resolve or not? Thanks you for your support

kat

amopro

2.0 RC3 but now I found the solution already yeahhhhhh ;D. It's problem with my "Settings.php" I place this code: $db_character_set = 'utf8'; before ?> and It work. Thank you again for your great support. 

kat

kxondus

Quote from: amopro on November 07, 2010, 03:01:26 PM
2.0 RC3 but now I found the solution already yeahhhhhh ;D. It's problem with my "Settings.php" I place this code: $db_character_set = 'utf8'; before ?> and It work. Thank you again for your great support.

Hey!!!!. you've saved my life!!!.

Thanks!!

Advertisement: