News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Making a board

Started by MPatel, November 07, 2010, 02:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPatel

Hello,
1.I would like to make a board for my forum where when a person makes a topic, only the person who made the topic can reply and administrators only.
2.Also I would like to make a board where only administrators can make topics and members can only reply if the topic is unlocked.
3.I would like to have a board where members can neither make a topic or reply to any topics.

Is there anyway where i can do these 3 things?

Thank you

NanoSector

1. I think you need to request a mod for that...
2. Make a board, add a topic and lock it. If it's locked only moderators and admins can reply, if it's unlocked members can also reply.
3. Make a board and set the permission profile to "Read only". Admins can still post topics & reply to them.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MPatel

Quote from: MPatel on November 07, 2010, 02:54:41 PM
1.I would like to make a board for my forum where when a person makes a topic, only the person who made the topic can reply and administrators only.
2.Also I would like to make a board where only administrators can make topics and members can only reply if the topic is unlocked.
I've seen the two on another forum and would like to have it on mines so just wanted to know how to do it. If no answer is given I'll request for a mod

NanoSector

I need to recheck my solution to question 2.

2. Make a board and set it's permission profile to "Reply only". Admins only can post topics. Lock the topics if you don't want members replying, unlock it if you want them to.

Still, I don't know if 1 is possible without a modification.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MPatel

ok thanks. I'll just try request a mod for the first question I asked.

Advertisement: