SMF 2.x New Topic Text Controls Missing SMF Content Controls

Started by sodmanccc, November 08, 2010, 12:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodmanccc

SMF 2.x New Topic Text Controls Missing SMF Content Controls

a smf expert had upgraded my forum from 1x to 2x seams when posting a topic or reply there's the content controls missing such as bold links pictures and all that stuff..
see image below..

so why is this happen more so how do we fix?

sodmanccc

missing text controls content

good text control content

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi sodmanccc, exactly what version of 2.0 are you using? Are you using some other theme than curve?
Have you made sure BBC is allowed to be used? ( Admin -> Forum -> Posts and topics -> Bulletin Board Code )
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Brettflan

Also, try clearing your browser cache. I've had that happen myself after an upgrade and it was just due to an outdated cached file.

sodmanccc

Quote from: LexArma on November 08, 2010, 01:16:49 AM
Hi sodmanccc, exactly what version of 2.0 are you using? Are you using some other theme than curve?
Have you made sure BBC is allowed to be used? ( Admin -> Forum -> Posts and topics -> Bulletin Board Code )

RC3

we switched from smf 1x to 2x rc3

Quote from: Brettflan on November 08, 2010, 02:21:07 AM

Also, try clearing your browser cache. I've had that happen myself after an upgrade and it was just due to an outdated cached file.

seams to be something all users are seeing missing

sodmanccc

Quote from: LexArma on November 08, 2010, 01:16:49 AM

yes i did make sure the bbc was there.

html and bbc are enabled.

Brettflan

Quote from: sodmanccc on November 18, 2010, 05:49:05 PM

So you have actually tried that? Assuming it's not private, can you post a link to the forum in question?

sodmanccc

Quote from: Brettflan on November 18, 2010, 06:55:12 PM
Quote from: sodmanccc on November 18, 2010, 05:49:05 PM

So you have actually tried that? Assuming it's not private, can you post a link to the forum in question?
hello Brettflan thanks for the reply,
i have tried on many pcs and asked a few users for there feedback on it.
the site is not "private" however i dont want the url posted on a error post :)

please pm me i will give you the url and a login to see..
thanks

Illori

in admin -> current theme -> "Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages:" check this option then go to member options at the top of the page and click "Change current options for all members using this theme" for the theme you are using.

Illori

that is an option in my install no idea why it is not showing up on yours. it is one of the options at the VERY bottom of the page.

sodmanccc

Quote from: Illori on November 19, 2010, 12:45:13 PM
that is an option in my install no idea why it is not showing up on yours. it is one of the options at the VERY bottom of the page.
oh yea  inserting,, paste me that option as you see it please

what smf you on?

Illori

my test install is 2.0 RC3 [not connected to internet so I am not updating it at this time]

Illori

if you have no mods to your theme have you tried to upload a clean set of theme files?

sodmanccc

Quote from: Illori on November 19, 2010, 01:23:13 PM
if you have no mods to your theme have you tried to upload a clean set of theme files?
no we can not do that.. we moved from smf 1x to 2x we must fix it within the site can not start over we just did

we are 3 forums databases merged into one users are sick and tired of change that is not even a sure fix. we must fix the issue within the site not start over site has over 300,000 members and this stuff is really causing issues.

we must find a real solution to fix it thats not start over.

sodmanccc

Quote from: Illori on November 19, 2010, 01:17:56 PM
my test install is 2.0 RC3 [not connected to internet so I am not updating it at this time]
the image above was from current theme. not the change member options as i was speaking to above. all settings shown on your picture are there on my site in current them.

installing fresh 100s of files for 1 file issue is NOT the right way for us to go.

Illori

i guess you did not read the following which will fix the issue, as you said you can see the options in the admin panel in your last post. this might be an admin only option to enable/disable for EVERYONE, I have not checked myself.
Quote from: Illori on November 19, 2010, 12:31:14 PM
in admin -> current theme -> "Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages:" check this option then go to member options at the top of the page and click "Change current options for all members using this theme" for the theme you are using.

Brettflan

Quote from: Illori on November 19, 2010, 01:57:08 PM
i guess you did not read the following which will fix the issue, as you said you can see the options in the admin panel in your last post. this might be an admin only option to enable/disable for EVERYONE, I have not checked myself.

It is indeed a global option which can only be set by an admin, not an option available to users. It's quite possible he has that option disabled.

sodmanccc: Go to the Admin panel, then look under "Configuration". For the current main theme, you can simply choose "Current Theme" there. The option should be the second to last one, "Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages". To change the option for each installed theme, under "Configuration", go to "Themes and Layout" and then "Theme Settings" under that. You can then click on any of the themes listed there to change settings for it.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

sodmanccc

Quote from: Brettflan on November 19, 2010, 05:53:41 PM
Quote from: Illori on November 19, 2010, 01:57:08 PM
thanks for the info however the reason for this post is they are enabled but not showing. the button is clicked on. the option is enabled and is NOT showing up.

It is indeed a global option which can only be set by an admin, not an option available to users. It's quite possible he has that option disabled.

sodmanccc: Go to the Admin panel, then look under "Configuration". For the current main theme, you can simply choose "Current Theme" there. The option should be the second to last one, "Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages". To change the option for each installed theme, under "Configuration", go to "Themes and Layout" and then "Theme Settings" under that. You can then click on any of the themes listed there to change settings for it.

Quote from: Scrooge on November 22, 2010, 01:07:10 PM
sodmanccc does this also happen in RC4?
one of the smf heros moved me to smf 2.x and put me on rc3 not 4 so have not used it.

Advertisement: