News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RC3 to RC4 mods off.

Started by roughkut, November 09, 2010, 01:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roughkut

Upgraded using the package that said "Using modifications, or not using SMF 2.0 RC3? No problem, this is what you need. "

I read this to mean it would NOT affect my mods.

They are all currently not working. Is there something I missed? Because I do not see a way to activate them.

I am not sure at all. I've upgraded before without any drastic changed with the mods installed. Does this mean that none of the mods are compatible or something?

Or is there, as usual, a simple solution to this that I've overlooked? That's normally the case with me.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Sorry if the description was misleading - what it actually means is, that if you are using mods - there is a chance the small update would simply break them, and therefor the large upgrade is needed to completely remove them, so you can reinstall them if you still need to use them :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

roughkut

So then I just need to reinstall each one? Thanks.

I was confused because they are still there, listed in my packages. But there wasn't any options other than listing files.

vbgamer45

You will need to reinstall each one and download the latest version from the mod site so they work with RC4
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yup, the large upgrade simply replaces all files, so you would be left with fresh files without modifications ( not counting possibly modded custom themes ofcourse ) and, if the mods are still compatible with your current version - you should just need to reinstall them.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: